Senior Program Associate (EU Subnational)
Company: World Justice Project
Posted on: May 28, 2023
If you are unable to complete this application due to a
disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an
alternative application process. Senior Program Associate (EU
Subnational) Full Time Professional Washington, DC, Washington, DC,
US 4 days ago Requisition ID: 1032 The World Justice Project (WJP)
is seeking one -full-time Senior Program Associateto support a
research project to generate and disseminate new people-centered
indicators to reflect strengths and weaknesses in the areas of
justice, governance, and the rule of law in the European Union (EU)
at the subnational level. This position will be based in the WJP
Washington, DC office, and will report to the Research Director for
the project. This is a current vacancy, with an immediate
- Coordinating strategic outreach to legal experts and
practitioners throughout the EU to support WJP's expert data
- Coordinating qualitative analysis to cross-check WJP data and
findings related to people's perceptions and experiences with
justice, governance, and the rule of law in the EU at the
subnational level. This includes conducting research and reviewing
media articles, academic publications, and reports produced by
other organizations, as well as conducting in-depth interviews with
- Working in collaboration with other teams to organize and
coordinate events and roundtables to communicate key findings and
messages derived from WJP research and data.
- Contributing to writing data-driven reports and research
products on the status of justice, governance, and the rule of law
in the EU highlighting findings from original survey data collected
by the WJP.
- Providing subject-matter expertise and technical guidance on
the status of justice, governance, and the rule of law in the
- Participating in meetings and presentations with WJP's academic
network and external stakeholders.
- Developing and maintaining effective professional relationships
with external stakeholders.
- Supporting the team in recruiting, training, and managing
interns and short-term consultants.
- Supporting the data analysis, writing, and production of other
WJP research products as needed.Qualifications -
- University degree in Political Science, Economics, Public
Policy, Law, or related field (focus on EU studies strongly
preferred); MA/MS strongly preferred. -
- BA/BS with 5 or more years of experience relevant to the
position, or MA/MS with 3 or more years of experience.
- Experience drafting, editing, and publishing data-driven
reports and research products. Ability to translate complex
information and data into messages and concepts that can be readily
understood by non-expert audiences.
- Strong research and analytical skills, ability to interpret and
- Strong subject matter expertise in EU Justice, Governance, and
Rule of Law.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and management skills.
- Experience working with civil society organizations, think
tanks, and/or international organizations, as well as experience
working in a fast-paced, multicultural environment.
- A strong academic track record and an enthusiastic interest in
the rule of law.
- English fluency is required; proficiency in additional
languages is strongly preferred.
- Commitment to WJP's mission and principles.LocationThis
position will be based in the WJP Washington, DC office. WJP
maintains a hybrid in-office/remote work schedule, with staff
expected to work from the office at least three days per
week.Physical RequirementsWhile performing the responsibilities of
the job, this person will frequently be required to use finger
dexterity as well as sufficient hand dexterity to use a computer
keyboard and be capable of reading a computer screen. This person
may need to remain seated for long periods of time, have the
ability to perform repetitive motions, grasp objects, including a
writing instrument, stand, communicate verbally and hear well
enough to detect nuances, and receive detailed information. This
person may be required to walk, push or pull objects, bend, squat,
reach, or kneel. Vision abilities required by this job include
close vision for extensive reading. WJP is committed to making
reasonable accommodations to support employment of people with
disabilities.Working ConditionsThe work conditions described here
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
this job. This person will typically work indoors in a heated and
air-conditioned office, with a mixture of natural, incandescent,
and fluorescent light with low to moderate noise levels.WJP offers
a comprehensive benefits package that currently includes medical,
dental, and vision insurance; 401k retirement program with WJP
contribution after one year of service; professional development
funds, pre-tax Flexible Savings Account; parental leave; short-term
disability, long-term disability, and life insurance; and generous
paid time off and holiday observance policies.WJP values diversity
and inclusion in the workplace and complies with all relevant laws
and regulations relating to equal employment opportunities.
- Cover letter (please indicate how your experience and skills
qualify you for this position, and why you are interested in this
- Writing sample (max. five pages)
- Contact information for three professional references we can
reach out toPlease submit all application materials in English, and
in one PDF document. This position will remain open until filled
and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications
submitted by June 4, 2023 -will be prioritized. Due to the high
volume of applications received, we are only able to follow up
directly with candidates selected for interviews. No phone calls
Keywords: World Justice Project, Washington DC , Senior Program Associate (EU Subnational), Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...