Utility Project Engineer
Posted on: May 28, 2023
- Provides technical input for project work plan and scheduling.
Identifying risk elements of production, materials, equipment or
process that could negatively impact the budget or schedule.
- Assists in the production and review of shop drawings, design
specifications, material requirements and project data to ensure
quality and contract specification compliance.
- Assists the development of design drawings and provides
technical input, as needed.
- Meets with engineering team to review production schedule and
confirm all materials, equipment and resources are readily
available for production to continue on schedule and within
- Evaluates weekly and monthly production, schedule and budget
projections to accurately track project performance. Documents
daily activities in project approved methods and technologies.
- Reviews project schedule updates weekly for owner and
management reporting. Attends weekly regular meetings where
required and presents on project production status as
- Prepares and manages a three-week work Notifies engineering and
project management of any significant schedule changes and develops
solutions to mitigate delays and cost.
- Initiates and manages Requests for Information (RFIs), as
- Remits accurate project quantities using assigned project cost
coding to ensure project financials are accurately reported. In
collaboration with the project accounting team oversees invoices
regarding materials, equipment and subcontractor
- Supports engineering team with quality assurance as needed.
Reviews certificates and permits needed to perform work.
- Reviews required Job Hazard Analysis (JHAs) to ensure a safe
and compliance work environment for all construction personnel.
Participates in all weekly safety meetings with field team and
project leadership; presents field analysis as needed.
- Assists the project team with project schedule, budget and cost
parameters by providing technical input as needed.
- Coordinates subcontractor work methods, schedule and crews as
- Perform additional assignments per management's direction.
- Coordinates planning, installation and inspection of public and
privately owned utilities with the respective owners. -
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Construction/Project
- Minimum six years construction engineering experience
- Experience with the planning, installation and testing of water
distribution systems highly preferred.
- Experience with the planning and installation of storm and
sanitary sewer systems highly preferred.
- Experience with trenchless technology, utility
relocation/offsets and working in urban right-of-way highly
- Proven skill and ability in managing and providing technical
input to engineering teams in a design build environment, setting
clear expectations and delegating tasks to direct reports regarding
role and responsibilities as required.
- Advanced planning and scheduling skills required.
- Able to manage multiple engineering tasks in a fast paced
environment and progress them all towards a common goal.
- Advanced knowledge of contract specifications and quality
- Able to identify budget and project costs and recommend options
to mitigate project delays.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting methods, quantity
tracking methods and cost coding.
- Able to drive direct reports and influence non-reporting teams
towards a common deliverable.
- Able to identify and implement growth opportunities in direct
reports to build talent development within project team.
- Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate
effectively with others.
Keywords: Dragados, Washington DC , Utility Project Engineer, Other , Riverdale, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...