Company: Labor Finders
Location: Mc Lean
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Are you experienced in Traffic Control, with certified training?
Can you follow safety rules, maintain roads according to
regulations and act in the interest of public safety? Can you stay
alert, pay attention to detail and perform quality workmanship? If
performing essential services related to directing traffic sounds
rewarding to you, and you're looking for a flexible job with
diverse assignments, then a position as a Certified Flagger could
be just right for you.
Responsibilities may include the following:
- Flagging motorists to warn of obstacles or repair work
- Setting up signs and cones around work areas to divert
- Driving trucks or tractors with adjustable attachments to sweep
debris from paved surfaces, mowing grass and weeds, and removing
snow and ice.
- Dumping and spreading asphalt to repair joints and patch broken
- Driving trucks to transport crews and equipment to work
- Inspecting, cleaning and repairing drainage systems, bridges,
tunnels, and other structures.
- Hauling and spreading sand, gravel, and clay to fill washouts
and repair road shoulders.
- Erecting, installing, or repairing guardrails, road shoulders,
berms, highway markers, warning signals, and highway lighting,
using hand tools and power tools.
- Removing litter and debris from roadways, including debris from
rock and mud slides.
- Cleaning and clearing debris from culverts, catch basins, drop
inlets, ditches, and other drain structures.
- Performing roadside landscaping work, such as clearing weeds
and brush, and planting and trimming trees.
- Painting traffic control lines and placing pavement traffic
messages, by hand or using machines.
- Inspecting markers to verify accurate installation.
- Measuring and marking locations for installation of markers,
using tape, string, or chalk.
- Moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing,
walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Following all safety guidelines and wearing safety gear (like
goggles, gloves, and helmets). You will need to have the following:
- Knowledge and training in traffic control techniques - flagger
training and certification.
- Understanding of all safety procedures, guidelines, and
government laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in the
construction or repair of highways and roads.
- The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust machines or
vehicle controls to exact positions.
- Near Vision and ability to see details at close range (within a
- Depth Perception, the ability to judge objects closer or
farther away from you.
- Attention to detail, analytical thinking, and problem-solving
- Ability to work carefully and efficiently in potentially
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and
- Ability to use tools and equipment safely and effectively.
- Physical strength and stamina required to stand, walk, and lift
for long periods of time.
- Physical dexterity to work with tools, machines and
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
What you may gain while on the job:
- Staying active - the job will keep you busy throughout the
- Technical Expertise - learning to operate and master complex
tools, machinery and equipment systems.
- Enhanced communication skills - learning how to talk clearly
and effective with co-workers and superiors.
- Problem solving and crisis management skills - avoiding and
resolving potential dangerous situations.
- Teamwork - partnering with colleagues and supervisors to ensure
production & quality goals are met.
- Teaching & Management skills - helping train and prepare new
employees for the job.
- Rewarding career - opportunities for training, advancement to
supervisory or management roles. Those with prior experience
increase chances of getting promoted or earning higher pay.
Less than 1 Year
Keywords: Labor Finders, Washington DC , Certified Flagger, Other , Mc Lean, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...