Senior Program Specialist (Instructional Systems Design)
Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Posted on: May 27, 2023
The Senior Program Specialist (Instructional Systems Design)
leads and executes the development of virtual instructor led and
web-based trainings for new and existing Federal field staff. The
Senior Program Specialist works closely with other training team
members to develop training objectives, design instructional
approaches, create engaging/interactive learnings, conduct training
gap analysis, perform training evaluations, and ensure the accuracy
of instructional content in accordance with customer
requirements.Essential Tasks Include:
- Leads the design and development of training objectives and
instructional material, to include flow diagrams and
- Designs and develops instructional approaches and/or strategies
to address core competencies and ensure that training content meets
- Conducts interviews with subject matter experts to collect
interactive content for multimedia use.
- Designs instructionally sound lessons for delivery across
various mediums, to include virtual instructor led training and
web-based training sessions.
- Coordinates and oversees the design and implementation of
multimedia products such as PowerPoint presentations, videos,
illustrations, images, animations, and other items to enhance
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to ensure
accuracy of instructional content, enabling consistent development
and delivery of learning material across the program.
- Conducts analysis of training materials and delivery
requirements, implements updates as needed.
- Designs and develops web-based training to facilitate mastery
of key concepts and procedures.
- Develops and conducts gap analysis processes to identify any
performance, skills, knowledge, and informational gaps of targeted
audience and creates/updates learning materials as needed.
- Facilitates regular and accurate migration of learning
materials into Learning Management System.
- Ensures integrity of task analysis, training requirements,
training hierarchies, instructional materials, and evaluation
- Participates in special projects as required.Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in instructional design, educational
technology, or similar background with at least five years of
experience in instructional design. Master's degree preferred.
- Experience providing training to stakeholders of varying
learning styles and proven ability to adapt delivery/training style
- Working knowledge of instructional systems design, to include
prior experience using course development software and design tools
(Articulate, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, Camtasia).
- Strong visual design skills ability to create effective
storyboards and write instructional text, audio, and video
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience, as well as the
ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- This position may require a Public Trust clearance or the
ability to obtain one.
Keywords: General Dynamics Information Technology, Washington DC , Senior Program Specialist (Instructional Systems Design), Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...