Small Business Coach - DC
Company: LATINO ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CENTER
Posted on: May 27, 2023
LEDC Synopsis:The Latino Economic Development Center (LEDC) is a
private, non-profit 501(c)(3) community development corporation
founded in 1991. LEDC's mission is to drive the economic and social
advancement of low- to moderate-income Latinos and other D.C. area
residents by equipping them with the skills and tools to achieve
financial independence and become leaders in their
communities.Position Summary: LEDC is seeking candidates for a
Small Business Coach based in Washington, DC. The position will
support the Small Business Development team, assist entrepreneurs
to start a small business or grow their existing business and lead
some local programs.Responsiblities:
- Provide one-on-one advising to aspiring and existing small
business owners to help improve their core business skills.
- Identify key problems that clients are unaware their business
- Underwrite credit building loan applications and provide
one-on-one financial literacy to clients
- Help clients navigate the licensing/registration process to
start, expand, close, or sell a business.
- Plan and develop training sessions that provide small business
coaches with the tools and skills to serve clients
- Plan and develop group training sessions that provide small
business owners with the tools and skills needed to be
- Conduct community outreach to build a strong network of
partners and service providers to offer a comprehensive assistance
to LEDC's clients.
- Recruit and manage expert consultants, contractors or
volunteers that can provide in-depth technical assistance or
required services to small business owners.
- Capture client data through intake forms, maintain accurate
client records, and collaborate with Program Manager to meet
program goals and benchmarks.
- Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly reports for internal
and external use.
- Conduct ongoing research about business tools and resources,
news that might affect the DC entrepreneurial ecosystem, business
licensing, and small business development opportunities.
- Connect clients with other LEDC services and available
resources in the DMV.
- Promote LEDC services in different platforms, forums, and
events as needed.
- Collaborate with Program Manager in the programmatic planning
and execution of SBD programs.Basic Qualifications:
- At least 2 years of small business experience with a strong
understanding of business functions such as licensing/registration,
operations, financial management, and marketing.
- Experience helping clients turn their ideas into a formal
- Experience working with diverse population, including
minorities and immigrants.
- In-depth knowledge of industries such as construction, child
development, cleaning, cosmetology and restaurant/catering.
- Experience developing business plans, financials, and educating
entrepreneurs on access to capital.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the
ability to build trust with small business clients.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Ability to multi-task, coordinate several projects
simultaneously and prioritize deadlines.
- Bachelor's in Business administration, Economics, Finance, or
related field.Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience running a small business.
- Certified financial counselor
- Knowledge of basic business accounting.
- Knowledge of federal regulations pertaining to small
businesses** This is a full-time, 40 hour / week position **Salary
and Benefits:Salary TDB, based on your experience.LEDC offers
competitive benefits, including a healthcare plan and 4 weeks of
vacation per year.LEDC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity
employer; women and people of color are strongly encouraged to
apply. Please send cover letter and resume to Alexandra Samaniego,
firstname.lastname@example.org .LEDC is an EEO employer committed to
providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and
employees. In accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and
Executive Orders, LEDC takes affirmative action to ensure that
applicants and employees covered are not discriminated against
because of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex
(gender), age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual
orientation, personal appearance, gender identity or expression,
family responsibilities, political affiliation, veteran status,
genetic information, or any other characteristic that is protected
by applicable law. For more information about your equal employment
opportunity rights, please view this poster: EEO is the Law. LEDC
also participates in E-Verify.
Keywords: LATINO ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CENTER, Washington DC , Small Business Coach - DC, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...