M365 - O365 Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Posted on: March 20, 2023
ECS is seeking a M365 - O365 Subject Matter Expert (SME) to work
in our Fairfax, VA office. Job Description: ECS is seeking an
experienced Microsoft - Office 365 (M365-O365) Subject Matter
Expert (SME) to work in our Fairfax, VA office in a hybrid
on-site/remote capacity. ECS is seeking an experienced M365-O365
SME with SharePoint and Teams experience. The candidate will
provide support to a high-profile M365 tenant in M365 Government
Community Cloud High (GCC High) - the cloud platform for cleared
personnel and organizations supporting the Department of Defense
(DoD). The candidate will guide governance discussions,
requirements gathering, and analysis; and propose technical
solutions to implement, monitor, and maintain long-term compliance
with tenant baseline configurations. The successful candidate has
experience developing enterprise policies for internal and external
content sharing and collaboration across all O365 core services
(Teams, Exchange, OneDrive, SharePoint), and also has experience
working in, and supporting, Cloud infrastructure and virtual
desktop environments. Job Responsibilities:
- Integrate with, and support, a team of SMEs in a highly agile
environment to implement best-in-class multi-Cloud solutions for
large DoD program(s).
- Work within a Cloud Engineering team to implement and maintain
M365-O365 solutions and new capabilities for customers.
- Identify enterprise and customer-specific issues in M365-O365,
and work within the Cloud Engineering team to implement
- Provide user support and conduct user software and hardware
training to formulate technology solutions and ensure the effective
safeguarding and sharing of enterprise data.
- Develop tools and scripts to automate deployment,
troubleshooting, monitoring, and diagnostics activities.
- Perform M365-O365 reach-back support, and provide quick
resolutions to reported problems.
- Function as a technical escalation point within the Cloud
Engineering team. Required Skills:
- Active DoD Secret security clearance, with the ability and
willingness to obtain a Top Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science; Information Systems
Management; or similar Science, Technology, Engineering and
Mathematics (STEM) discipline; 5+ years of relevant, hands-on,
professional experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Microsoft 365 Certified (MS-100/101/203/700 preferred).
- 5+ years of progressive experience supporting Microsoft 365
- M365-O365 administration of application and services in a
hybrid server environment.
- Teams, Exchange, SharePoint, and OneDrive administration and
- Understanding of M365-O365 licensing.
- 5+ years establishing and maintaining O365 Exchange mailboxes,
user accounts, and distribution groups; and providing input on
enterprise Exchange policies and procedures.
- OneDrive configuration and administration.
- PowerShell scripts creation.
- Experience supporting mission critical, 24x7 systems.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively,
both orally and in writing.
- Political savvy to confront difficult problems in a positive
and creative way.
- Exceptional ability to expertly balance multiple, competing
priorities and execute all in accordance with articulated timelines
- A motivated, self-starter who enthusiastically tackles
challenging operational problems and can quickly grasp and
implement creative solutions.
- Ability to work independently, and collaboratively, as part of
- Ability to travel (up to 25%) to OCONUS and CONUS locations;
may be expected to travel OCONUS multiple times over the lifespan
of the effort. Desired Skills: Preference given to candidates with:
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance.
- DoD 8570 Compliant, minimum IAT Level II; CompTIA Security+
and/or CISSP certification preferred.
- Experience working with DoD organizations and/or
- Prior hands-on support for Windows and Linux Server / Desktop
- Proficiency with Cloud networking, as well as troubleshooting
Cloud networking environments (IP networking, VPNs, DNS, and load
- Thorough understanding of firewalls, NAT, SSL-TLS, etc.
- Experience with one or more automation languages (ARM-Bicep
Templates, BASH, Python)
- Familiarity with identity and authentication processes
(SSO-Federation, AD-Azure AD etc.). ECS is an equal opportunity
employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the
basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin,
citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification
protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative
action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans. ECS
is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the
United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values
and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing
their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and
Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the
American People. The ECS Career Center is accessible to any and all
users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility
of this portal or you need assistance completing the application
process, please contact Karleigh Chavez, Recruiting Support
Analyst, at 571-620-7408 or email@example.com. This
contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot
be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Keywords: RPMGlobal, Washington DC , M365 - O365 Subject Matter Expert (SME), Other , Fairfax, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...