Security Operations Center (SOC) Lead (Cyber Security)
Company: NES Associates
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Interim Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Interim Top Secret
Public Trust/Other Required:
We are GDIT. We support and secure some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. At GDIT, cybersecurity is not just a singular part of our mission-it connects every one of us because it's embedded into every aspect of what we do.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by bringing your ideas and unique perspective to our culture. By owning your opportunity at GDIT, you are helping us ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on a Security Operations Center Lead joining our team to support the Department of Energy's National Nuclear Security Administration.
The National Nuclear Security Administration IT Managed Services (NIMS) is an exciting program performing IT support for the Department of Energy's organization responsible for enhancing national security through the application of nuclear science by maintaining and enhancing the safety, security, and effectiveness of the US nuclear weapons stockpile. This support is provided in several locations across the US giving employees great options for geographically diverse work locations. The primary goal of the program will be to support the NNSA Associate Administrator for Information Management and Chief Information Officer (OCIO) in modernizing its IT and Cybersecurity Infrastructure and transforming current IT and Cybersecurity services to a managed service environment.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As the SOC Lead, you will provide oversight for the Security Operations Center, providing real-time, continuous cybersecurity monitoring and triage, uninterrupted event detection, incident analysis, coordination and response, situational awareness, and cybersecurity countermeasure implementation capabilities for maintaining a secure cybersecurity and information assurance posture.
Further responsibilities include:
* Maintain 24x7x365 comprehensive situational awareness of customer cyber-threat landscape as it relates to security monitoring.
* Lead a team of technicians with various skill sets that provides operations, maintenance and service support of security operations across the Enterprise.
* Display a vision consistent with supporting Contract goals and objectives.
* Deliver expert advice to stakeholders regarding the security status of the customer environment.
* Prepare various service reports such as cyber-threat intelligence situation reports regarding observed activity from security tools.
* Develop plans and procedures.
* Conduct trend analysis.
* Effectively communicate with all parties, especially stakeholder.
* Possess knowledge of contractual obligations, services provided, company policies and procedures.
* Create a team environment and improving/sustaining employee morale.
* Take initiative to complete the mission with excellence and minimum supervision.
* Multitask and maintain a professional demeanor under pressure.
* Possess understanding of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) principles at a foundational level.
* Track, troubleshoot, and report network incidents.
* Collaborate effectively across multiple teams.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
* Bachelor's Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
* 8+ years of related technical experience.
* CISSP, ISSMP, CISM, possible GCIH.
* DOE Q, L, or TS clearance.
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
* Full-flex work week.
* 401K with company match.
* Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career.
* Collaborative teams of highly motivated critical thinkers and innovators.
* Ability to make a real impact on the world around you.
Not sure this job's the one for you? Check out our other openings at gdit.com/careers.
Do you have a friend or colleague this posting describes? Let them know about the opportunity by clicking "Share."
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%
USA DC Washington
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Type of Requisition:
Keywords: NES Associates, Washington DC , Security Operations Center (SOC) Lead (Cyber Security), Other , Washington, DC
here to apply!