Principal Software Development Engineer
Company: Wizards of the Coast
Posted on: March 19, 2023
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world
through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like
Magic: The Gathering - and Dungeons & Dragons - to our growing
multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster
friendship and connection. That's where you come in! We are seeking
a hardworking and collaborative Principal Software Engineer to join
our digital publishing team and help develop multiple games for PC
and console using Unreal Engine 4. You will work directly with
external development teams on planning, architecture, management,
and implementation of diverse game titles. What youll do:
- Work with development teams as an independent auditor,
consultant, and technical liaison.
- Coordinate technical knowledge and the exchange of resources
across WotC and external developers including first party
- Oversee project dependencies, risks, and critical paths; ensure
mitigation plans are in place; recommend solutions and approve
plans; understand overall impact.
- Establish standard methodologies to meet a high-quality bar
while considering business needs.
- Negotiate deliverable targets and evaluate progress.
- Utilize influence and other soft skills to guide our partners
to success. What youll bring:
- 7+ years of experience in the games industry; preferably 3+
years in a similar role.
- 3+ years of experience with Unreal Engine 4.
- Familiar with multiple programming and scripting languages
- Strength in at least one technical subject area (rendering,
systems, gameplay, networking, UI, etc.).
- Strong communication skills with the ability to relate
technical concepts to business leaders.
- Comfortable managing through influence and indirect
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to foster positive
- Multiple games shipped in a lead programming role.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering,
or equivalent experience. We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative
Action Employer The above is intended to describe the general
content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in
this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement
of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided
reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are
selected to move forward in our application process and need to
request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator
know. In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the
compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one
component of Wizards of the Coast's total compensation package for
employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term
incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of
benefits to employees. Here's a look at what your benefits package
may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time
& Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer
Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition
Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more. Compensation Range
$146,240 - $231,720 USD
Keywords: Wizards of the Coast, Washington DC , Principal Software Development Engineer, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...