IT Specialist (INFOSEC) 12 Month Register
Company: Department Of The Treasury
Posted on: March 19, 2023
WHAT IS THE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at: https://www.jobs.irs.gov/about/who/business-divisions
Vacancies will be filled in the following specialty areas:
Information Technology/Enterprise Operations (EOps) organization
The work of this position includes the development, implementation, and coordination of activities. designed to ensure, protect, and restore
IT systems, services, and capabilities. Specific assignments include many of the following:
* Evaluating, recommending the acquisition of, implementing, and disseminating IT security tools,
procedures, and practices to protect information assets.
* Planning and coordinating the delivery of an IT security awareness-training program for end
users at all levels in the organization.
* Updating the local organization's contingency or disaster recovery plans to respond to new
security requirements or changes in the IRS IT architecture, and presenting updated plans to the
security manager for review and approval.
* Planning and conducting security accreditation reviews for installed systems or networks (Tier
I, II or III), and recommending new or revised security measures and countermeasures based on the
results of the accreditation reviews.
* Evaluating new security authentication technologies such as secure cards and biometrics,
recommending the purchase of authentication software; and administering and monitoring
Conditions of Employment
If you are in a telework eligible position, you may be directed to temporarily telework on a full-time basis due to COVID 19. Employees must be within a 200-mile radius of their official assigned post-of-duty (POD) while in a telework status. Once normal operations resume, employees may be directed back to the office to perform the duties of their position. Telework eligibility does not guarantee telework; employees must meet and sustain IRS telework eligibility requirements and supervisor's approval to participate in the IRS Telework Program. As a reminder - If you are selected for a position, you are responsible for reporting to your designated POD (location) on the negotiated start date or as directed by management.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or National and provide proof of U.S. Citizenship. (Birth certificate showing birth in the U.S; Unexpired U.S. Passport; Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization; or Report of Birth Abroad of a U.S. Citizen (Form FS-240))
* A 1-year probationary period is required.
* Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
* Undergo a review of prior performance/conduct and an income tax verification. Refer to "Get Your Tax Record" at http://www.irs.gov/(https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript) to check the status of your account, balance owed, payment history, make a payment, or review answers to tax questions. If you are not in compliance, you will be determined unsuitable for employment with IRS.
* Must successfully complete a background investigation, including a FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
* Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment,
* If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
* Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9. Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S. These documents must be unexpired original or certified copies.
* The employment of any candidate, including a current employee or a new hire, selected for this position may be conditional upon classification and/or audit of federal tax returns. This audit may include up to 2 years of returns.
The employment of any candidate, including a current employee or a new hire, selected for this position will be conditional on obtaining and maintaining a High Risk Security Clearance.
Federal experience is not required. The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or Volunteer Service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis.
To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
GS-9 LEVEL: To be eligible for this position at this grade level, you must meet one of the following:
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-7 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Experience in an IT field or work where the primary concern was the subject matter of the IT application. The assignments must have shown completion of the following, or the equivalent: Analysis of the interrelationships of pertinent components of the system; Planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment; and Personal responsibility for at least a segment of the overall project.
EDUCATION: A master's or equivalent graduate degree or two full years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to a master's or equivalent graduate degree in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, statistics, operations research, engineering, or technology management. OR A master's or equivalent graduate degree or two full years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to a master's or equivalent graduate degree in one or more of the fields identified above that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks.
COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: At least 1 year of combined graduate education and experience as defined in paragraphs above
GS-11 LEVEL: To be eligible for this position at this grade level, you must meet one of the following:
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-9 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes: Experience that demonstrated an accomplishment of computer project assignments that required a range of knowledge of computer requirements and techniques. For example, assignments would show experience in developing modifications to parts of a system that required significant revisions in the logic or techniques used in the original development. Must have been in an IT field or work where the primary concern was the subject matter of the IT application. The assignments must have shown completion of the following, or the equivalent: Knowledge of the customary approaches, techniques, and requirements appropriate to an assigned computer applications area or computer specialty area in an organization; planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment where this entailed coordination with others outside the organizational unit and development of project controls; adaptation of guidelines or precedents to the needs of the assignment. OR
EDUCATION: You may substitute education for specialized experience as follows: a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. OR equivalent doctoral degree in computer science, information science, information systems management, mathematics, statistics, operations research, engineering or technology management; OR equivalent doctoral degree in one or more of the fields identified above that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in the development or adaptation of applications, systems or networks. OR
COMBINATION OF EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION At least 1 year of combined graduate education and experience as defined in paragraphs above.
GS-12 LEVEL: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of
difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Specialized experience for this position includes: Experience that demonstrates accomplishment of computer project assignments that required a wide range of knowledge of computer requirements and techniques pertinent to the position to be filled. This knowledge is generally demonstrated through assignments that required the ability to analyze a number of alternative approaches in the process of advising management concerning major aspects of IT system design. This would include defining what system interrelationships must be considered, or what operating mode, system software, and/or equipment configuration is most appropriate for a given project. To be qualifying, your experience must be sufficient to demonstrate knowledge to coordinate the review and evaluation of the infrastructure protection program, including policies, guidelines, tools, methods, and technologies; identify current and potential problem areas; update or establish new requirements, and make recommendation for a fully compliant infrastructure protection program.
TIME AFTER COMPETITIVE APPOINTMENT: Federal applicants TACA- 330.502 General restriction on movement after competitive appointment. (a) An agency must wait at least 90 days after an employee's latest Non temporary competitive appointment before the agency may take the following actions:(1) Promote an employee; (2) Transfer, reinstate, reassign, or detail an employee to a different position; or (3) Transfer, reinstate, reassign, or detail an employee to a different geographical area. (b) Upon written request from an agency, OPM may waive the restriction against movement to a different geographical area when moving such an employee is consistent with open competition principles.
For more information on qualifications please refer to OPM's Qualifications Standards.
For positions with an education requirement, or if you are qualifying for this position by substituting education or training for experience, submit a copy of your transcripts or equivalent. An official transcript will be required if you are selected.
A college or university degree generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools which meet these criteria, please refer to Department of Education Accreditation page.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Click here for Foreign Education Credentialing instructions.
* We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies. Additional jobs may be filled.
* The salary range indicated in this announcement reflects the minimum locality pay up to maximum locality pay for all duty locations listed. The range will be adjusted for selected duty location. General Schedule locality pay tables may be found under Salaries & Wages.
* This is a Non-Bargaining unit position.
* Tour of Duty: Swing Shift, Night Shift, Weekends.
Swing Shift 4:00pm - 12:30 am,
Midnight Shift 12:00 am - 8:30 am
1. Monday - Friday
2. Tuesday - Saturday
3. Sunday - Thursday
* Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may be available.
Though many locations may be listed, you will be limited to a maximum of 3 location choices. Please consider each location carefully when applying. If you are selected for a position at one of your location selections, that location will become your official post of duty.
If the position(s) are no longer needed prior to the closing date, this announcement may be closed early.
This is an open continuous announcement which will be used to fill vacancies in the locations listed as they become available for the next 12 months contingent upon funding and space requirements. Applicants must apply and/or update their applications by 11:59 pm ET at the close of the following cutoff dates to be considered: Cutoff date(s):This announcement may be amended to include additional cut-off dates within the 12 month period if needed, not later than 10 days prior to the additional cut-off date(s). Eligible applicants in the highest quality group who apply by the initial cut-off date will be considered first. If additional vacancies exist, applicants who applied after the initial cutoff date who place in the highest quality group will be considered next. Selections from this announcement may be made no later than (NLT) .
Date Opened 2/17/2023.
Cutoff 1 3/2/2023
Cutoff 2 6/23/2023
Cutoff 3 9/21/2023
Cutoff 4 / Close 12/20/2023
Sel. made until 3/19/2024 if applicable.
Positions will be filled in the SPD # 98362,98363, 98364 and SPD # 94430 at the GS9/11/12 level.
Keywords: Department Of The Treasury, Washington DC , IT Specialist (INFOSEC) 12 Month Register, Other , Lanham, DC
here to apply!