Chinese Teaching Lead
Company: Washington Yu Ying Public Charter School
Posted on: January 28, 2023
Job Title: Classroom Teacher, Grades Pre-K to 5th
FLSA Status: Professional Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director, Director of Teaching and Learning,
Assistant Principal, and other assigned supervisors
Position Overview: Lead Teachers at Washington Yu Ying are part of
a collaborative and supportive faculty with a common goal of
continuously improving a great school. School Year: 2023 - 2024
*Responsibilities outlined in this section are intended to describe
the general nature and scope of work being performed by this
position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities,
duties, and/or skills required. Other duties may be assigned.
Lead Teachers possess the following skills/qualities:
- Demonstrated ability to teach in ways that are interactive,
hands-on, inquiry-based, and promote self-discovery and critical
- Ensure student safety - students are never left
- Demonstrated ability to foster high academic expectations
- Demonstrated ability to use student material and feedback to
inform instruction on an ongoing basis
- Clear understanding of child development
- Commitment to meet the needs of every child in our diverse
- Demonstrated ability to establish an effective, respectful and
efficient classroom culture
- Capacity to create a classroom environment that emphasizes and
supports literacy across all content areas
- Capability to nurture students and work collaboratively with
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work and
collaborate as a member of a team
- Interest in professional learning, growth through quality
feedback, and initiative in challenging own understandings
- Commitment to develop and contribute to a community of
- Flexibility, dedication, and enthusiasm
- Demonstrated ability to integrate and align curriculum across
- Clear understanding of scope and sequence and learning
- Interest in language learning and other cultures.
- Bachelor's degree in education from an accredited institution.
Master's degree in education preferred.
- Experience as a full time general ed elementary classroom
teacher with 2+ years preferred.
- Candidates must have a passing score on the PRAXIS (Elementary
Education: Content Knowledge)
- Native-level proficiency in Mandarin Chinese is required for
Chinese classroom teachers.
- Native-level proficiency in English is required for English
- Academic-level proficiency in English is required
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- The support of welcoming and appreciative students, parents,
- A community that supports and promotes a growth mindset that
allows every Yu Ying member to grow with one another each
- Work/Life balance oriented- every teacher gets 10 personal/sick
days a year and Wellness Fridays throughout the year
- A strong emphasis on growth and support: Yu Ying has several
resource rooms, a library, and a teacher workroom
- A dedicated and passionate team of colleagues that value
collaboration and growing themselves as educators
- A strong administration team that provides you with exceptional
professional development often on the cutting edge of educational
theory and philosophy, values teachers, and provides continuous
feedback. This includes IB MA and Project Zero.
- A progressive learning environment for students that includes
the The International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme to
guide you to focus on teaching inquiry and hands on, student
Our students will be the leaders of tomorrow because they are
learning to think critically, be compassionate, and communicate in
English and Mandarin!"
Collaborates and Consults With:
- Teaching Staff
- All Levels of Management
Terms of Employment: Full school year
The physical demands described below are representative of those
must met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
responsibilities of the job, and are not meant to be all inclusive.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities of the
Unless reasonable accommodation can be made, while performing this
job, the staff member shall:
- Use physical strength to lift, move, carry, pull or push
equipment and/or student(s).
- Sit, stand, walk, and run for required periods of time,
according to the instruction schedule.
- Speak and hear.
- Use close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth
perception along with the ability to focus vision.
- Communicate effectively in English, using proper grammar and
- Reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers to handle
objects and operate tools, computers and/or controls.
The environmental demands described below are representative of
those must met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
responsibilities of the job, and are not meant to be all
- Exposure to a variety of childhood and adult diseases and
- Occasional exposure to a variety of weather
- Exposure to heated/air-conditioned and ventilated
- Exposure to a building in which a variety of chemical
substances are used for cleaning, instruction, and/or operation of
- Function in a workplace with a high level of noise.
Keywords: Washington Yu Ying Public Charter School, Washington DC , Chinese Teaching Lead, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!