Higher Ed. Program Development Associate - Northeast
Posted on: January 28, 2023
About the Role
As a Program Development Associate at WorldStrides, your primary
responsibilities will be finding and creating new qualified
opportunities for WorldStrides Higher Education team. Generate new
accounts through the education abroad offices primarily derived
from outbound calls to prospects. Work with prospects/clients
through phone, email, conferences, and campus visits to develop a
global education abroad program aligned properly with the goals and
objectives of the university and faculty. This role is preferred to
be located in the Northeast U.S.
- Meet and exceed annual sales goals and targets in order to
maximize revenue growth.
- Identify new prospects by averaging between 25-40 outbound
calls per day.
- Develop an effective rapport with prospects and clients to gain
a better understanding of their global education abroad programs
- Utilize and maintain WorldStrides CRM database system,
effectively managing the sales process.
- Demonstrate continued success in managing a sales pipeline from
initial contact to closure.
- Apply consultative selling to maximize the global education
- Communicate both internally across teams and externally with
prospects, clients, and partners.
Our Values & Culture
- Act as one team with integrity, respect, transparency and
- Do the right thing to deliver exceptional results to every
- Build education and learning into everything we do.
- Care for our people and communities
- Mission-driven: focus and passion on "transforming lives"
through study abroad.
- Self-Motivated: When you have a goal, you own it. Ability to
remain focused for months at a time in order to persistently pursue
- Industrious & Hard Working: You're willing to both make
decisions and collaborate in the pursuit of getting things done.
You don't stop until the problem is resolved, especially if the
problem is challenging and forces you to grow.
- Optimistic & Creative: This is less about having all of the
answers and more about how you approach problems that come up.
What's in it for you
- Fun & driven environment
- We train you and promote from within. Our managers, directors,
and VPs came up through the ranks
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K Match,
- 10 paid corporate holidays, 1 paid volunteer day, & 17 PTO days
to start - PTO increases 1 day every year, up to a max of 27
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250 annually or $1,000 towards
professional certification annually
- Opportunities for paid travel
- Flexible work schedule that provides for on site, remote and
virtual office opportunities.
- Encouraged participation in our Employee Resource Groups and
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion council
At WorldStrides, the experience is everything. By joining our team
you help provide moments that delight our participants and open up
the world of learning. Our team is truly passionate about making
each experience a once in a lifetime opportunity for that is easy
to manage from A to Z. Each journey is different, which is why we
offer a broad range of experiential learning programs for groups
and individuals of all ages throughout their lifelong learning
If we've learned anything over this last year, it's that being able
to experience different places and things while interacting with
new people is imperative not only for personal growth but also to
general well-being. So, let's get out there... together! To learn
more about our brand, our mission and our commitment to health and
safety, please visit our website at www.worldstrides.com.
Members of our team are able to take advantage of our generous
paid-time off (PTO) policy, comprehensive insurance plans (medical,
dental, vision and more), flexible spending accounts, paid parental
and care giver leave, a casual work environment and a flexible work
policy with several options to meet both your professional and
personal needs. In addition, we offer travel perks on our
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, WorldStrides is committed to
building a diverse workforce supported by an environment that
promotes inclusion and belonging. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics,
protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state
or local laws.
Home Office - US
Who You Are
- 1+ years' experience in an inside sales role
- Hunger to grow and openness to learning.
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging
- A highly self-driven sense of motivation and
- Positive and forward-thinking attitude with a strong work
- Strong phone and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Highly organized and strong time management.
- Very goal-oriented; looks forward to overachieving
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- BA/BS degree required.
Keywords: WorldStrides, Washington DC , Higher Ed. Program Development Associate - Northeast, Other , Vienna, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!