Company: RATP DEV USA
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Essential Functions / Process Responsibilities include the
following; other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Operates various types of transit buses in accord with RATPDEV
policies, directives and procedures and in compliance with Federal
and District of Columbia laws and regulations.
- Maintains a working knowledge of current bus routes and stops
within the service area as well as the current fare structure and
bus pass programs.
- Conducts self in an appropriate manner at all times, while
working in a diverse environment, assuring a professional quality
of service to all external and internal customers. This includes
properly answering questions and solving transit related concerns
- Aids customers with disabilities, including assistance in
boarding and de-boarding, safely securing wheelchairs and
- Inspects assigned transit bus for mechanical problems. This
includes conducting an external/internal visual inspection of the
transit bus and pre-testing all necessary equipment,
operating/safety devices and transit bus controls for use while in
- Completes reports accurately and legibly.
- Performs various physical duties to successfully complete job
responsibilities. These can include but are not limited to,
boarding and deboarding transit buses, operating the wheelchair
lift/ramp, assisting mobility impaired passengers board or de-board
transit buses, securing wheelchairs using a 4 tie down restraint
system, lifting the bike rack, lifting baggage compartment doors as
may be required.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- High school (Required)
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a valid Class B or Class A Commercial Driver License,
with air-brake and passenger endorsements.
- Verification of High school education or general education
(GED) is required.
- Must demonstrate a stable work history. Applicants should be
prepared to provide additional employer information in cases where
previous employment cannot be otherwise verified.
- Driving records must not reflect more than 2 moving violations,
2 at fault collisions, or 2 violations in the past 3 years and no
more than 1 moving violation in the previous 12 months.
- Have a safe driving record with no DUI conviction during the
past ten (10) years, verified by a third party multi-state record
check and no felony convictions for violent crimes.
- If license has ever been suspended, applicant must have two (2)
full years with no violations
- Criminal Background Record
Keywords: RATP DEV USA, Washington DC , Bus Operator, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!