Unified Communications Site Lead / Video Engineer
Company: General Dynamics Corporation
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Responsibilities for this Position
Location: USA DC Washington - 800 Independence Ave SW (DCC075)
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ127533
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Public Trust/Other Required:
Supervises unified communications (UC) professionals and may spend
a portion of time performing the work of those they supervise. May
be responsible for the development of policies and procedures.
Develops and administers schedules and performance requirements.
Partners with other departments to deliver UC solutions and
administration needs. Supervises moves and installation of
telecommunications and video equipment. Provides front line
management of daily operations and troubleshooting
telecommunications and video systems and equipment. Supervises and
leads end-user training of telecommunications and video features
Reviews status of projects and budgets, manages schedules, and
prepares status reports. Assesses project issues and develops
resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction
goals and objectives. Responsible for scope, cost, schedule, and
performance of assigned project or task(s). Manages or directs
resources required to perform assigned project or task(s) to
include contract and subcontractor management. Participates in the
development of technical project plans, proposals, reports, and
task order and administrative reporting. Maintains current
knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Education BS/MS or relative experience statement
- 5+ years or related work experience
- Work experience with industry leading video platforms (Zoom,
Cisco, etc.) is required.
- Technical proficiency in audio and video conferencing hardware
- Video certifications is required: AVIXA CTS - Certified Tech.
Specialist, and/or AVIXA - AV Tech. (must be completed within 6
months of hire)
- Familiarization with Design Software - Video survey mapping
- Drafting proposals, estimates and service orders for clients as
well as collecting/organizing vendor invoices.
- Ability to obtain/retain an FAA-issued PIV badge/position of
public trust. (Mandatory)
- Must be able to proficiently read, write and speak English
- Must possess active SECRET security clearanceSKILLS AND
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in
PBX/Telephony, and Video troubleshooting and support.
- Experience working with multi-tiered ticket handling/resolution
- Monitor, maintain and administer the health of the local/core
- Maintain and administer network infrastructure standards,
documentation and fault tolerance
- Document logical and physical network design changes
- Follow ITIL-based process and procedures and escalate for
- Advise and make recommendations to management concerning
infrastructure and related LAN issues
- Validate and coordinate all scheduled maintenance
- Understand client's operational and sustainment methodologies
- Gain familiarity with the client's current voice enterprise
- Present Monitoring/Test Results and Reports
- Perform/support Voice Enterprise Services integration testing
as requiredSCOPE: Manages or supervises a small team focused on one
or a few disciplines. Low complexity.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%
USA DC Washington
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate
applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of
its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however,
GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend
on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex
government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country.
We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance
critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest
in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today
is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground,
beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering
the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services
needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or
any other protected class.
Back To Search ResultsGDIT supports and secures some of the most
complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the
Keywords: General Dynamics Corporation, Washington DC , Unified Communications Site Lead / Video Engineer, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!