Parent Support Specialist
Company: Friendship Schools
Posted on: January 26, 2023
The Parent Support Specialist provides administrative support to
the Office of Extended Learning Programs (OELP); communicates with
parents of students enrolled in Friendship Cares: ensures
compliance with financial, legal, and subsidy requirements; and
supports the broad array of services that are provided by OELP to
students, parents, instructional and support employees.
The Parent Support Specialist is our front-line expert supporting
parents on escalated issues related to the Friendship Cares
program. This role is the professional and friendly face of OELP
when parents need a helping hand in navigating EZ Child Track
and/or aftercare payment issues - both private pay and subsidy. The
Parent Support Specialist must be a customer service expert, able
to build relationships and trust through problem solving.
Typical work activities
The position will spend the majority of the day on the phone
speaking with delinquent parents, listening to their concerns, and
providing them with the best solutions. This position must be a
master problem solver!Customer care is key- our approach to
collections is about finding the right options for the parent by
understanding their needs, and the options Friendship has for
The work of the Parent Support Specialist includes all of the
* High degree of integrity required with the ability to deal with
sensitive or confidential parent information.
* Research and analyze accounts prior to initiating parent contact,
examines historical data, evaluates past collection efforts.
* Manage parent accounts via EZ Child Track on all past due
accounts, documenting details of methods utilized to secure
* Contact parents and establish reason for past due account
situation; make payment arrangements to bring account current and
execute appropriate follow-ups to ensure obligation is
* Be accessible to parents to discuss changing financial situations
documenting material information; restructures or revises payment
terms within well-established limits and procedures after
Compliance Manager approval.
* Ensure accurate posting of payments related to collection
agreements via EZ Child Track.
* Generate Balance Aging Report timely and accurately.
* Compile information and prepare a variety of reports on
collection activities as needed.
* Create and maintain high levels of parent and school satisfaction
throughout all sites;
Specific responsibilities, goals and tasks:
* Delivering a positive customer experience through EZ Child Track,
email, chat, and phone, to parents.
* Taking ownership of parent issues to discover root causes, solve
their problems, and provide feedback to the Compliance Manager on
service and policy gaps
* Testing the newest features within EZ Child Track before they go
live to our parents, providing feedback and sharing suggestions
* Maintaining performance metrics including productivity, parent
satisfaction scores, and attendance
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Skilled in developing and facilitating collaborative
* Demonstrated experience leading and developing teams
* Excellent organizational skills and problem solving abilities
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Excellent Microsoft Office skills; ability to collect and
maintain information as needed
* Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
* Ability to work in fast paced, high energy environment
* Respect for all levels of the organization and parents
* Ability to learn and navigate the EZ Child Track database
* Energetic team player who works well in collaborative
* Strong orientation to customer service with a positive attitude,
ready to offer help and support in a friendly and professional
* An excitement to help parents keep their child or children
enrolled in Friendship Cares.
* Associates or Bachelors degree preferred
* Minimum 3 years customer service experience
* Effective November 1, 2021, all adult employees, contractors,
interns, and volunteers working in person in a public, public
charter, independent, private, or parochial school in the District
of Columbia, and all adult employees, contractors, interns, and
volunteers working in person in a child care facility regulated by
the Office of the State Superintendent of Education, shall have
received a full course of a vaccination against COVID-19 unless
they have been granted an exemption from such vaccination pursuant
to, and are compliant with the requirements of, Section IV of this
FPCS's policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all
qualified applicants and employees regardless of their race, color,
religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic
information, veteran status, status as a special disabled veteran,
or any other protected criteria as established by federal, state,
or local laws. This policy applies to recruitment and hiring,
training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, layoff,
termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Employment decisions at FPCS are based solely upon relevant
criteria, including an individual's capabilities, qualifications,
training, experience and suitability.
Keywords: Friendship Schools, Washington DC , Parent Support Specialist, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!