Purification Associate Scientist
Company: Rangam Consultants Inc.
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Purification Associate Scientist in Gaithersburg, MDLocation:
100% onsite in Gaithersburg, MD
Duration: 12 months, extension up to 36 months possible based on
business needs and performanceTitle: Associate Scientist/Chemical
Engineer/Biochemical Engineer/Biological Engineer
- As a purification Associate Scientist in Bioprocess Technology
and Engineering (BTE), you would join a team developing company's
Next Generation Manufacturing Platform.
- You and the team would develop the purification platform to
support a high-density perfusion cell culture for biological
therapeutics, including antibodies, bispecific antibodies, and
- You would apply the Next Generation Manufacturing methods to
drug candidates in Phase I, II, and those entering Phase III.
- As the molecules progress through the development lifecycle,
you will have opportunity to develop the process characterization
methods to support commercialization.
- You would work on a matrix team with members from cell line
development, cell culture development, purification development,
analytical development, formulation development, and data analytics
- You would have opportunity to operate small scale and pilot
scale purification systems.
- Your work would be used to design processes so that they can be
scaled to purify 10kg-20kg per day.
- You would be responsible for working jointly with your upstream
colleagues to link the bioreactor to the purification process.
- You would draw upon your publication history to publish
peer-reviewed articles of your work.Summary of the group:
- The Biotechnology and Engineering team works to develop and
apply new technologies and engineering analysis to manufacturing
biologics such as the COVID-19 antibody treatment being developed
- We use engineering and science to understand and solve
- Our team will work with bioreactors and genetically modified
Chinese hamster ovary cells to produce new drugs, and we will
develop new ways of purifying them so that we can provide them to
patients around the world.
- We work closely with a much larger team including scientists,
engineers, and project managers from the UK and US.
- Some team members will rotate through cell culture and
purification development, and get experience at the bench scale and
at production scale in a non-GMP manufacturing facility.Main Duties
- Study and develop next generation mammalian purification
processes, including chromatography, filtration, ultrafiltration
- Build or use mathematical models that predict purification
- Be part of a team that tests new manufacturing methods at a
- Develop automation methods that control the entire
manufacturing processEducation & Experience Requirements:
- A BS or Master's Degree with an engineering discipline focused
on biologics, ideally protein based recombinant purification, with
a focus in a process engineering field (e.g., chemical or
biochemical engineering) is strongly preferred.
- Industry related experience Associate Scientist I (BS with 0-5
years, MS 0-3 years) or Scientist (BS 8-12, MS 4-8). Industrial
experience developing or supporting clinical or commercial
biotechnology is not required.Required Skills:
- Buffer formulation, lab equipment operation such as AKTA Avant,
peristaltic pumps, pressure sensors, pH probes, pipet operation, UV
- Experimental design with proteins
- Theory of Protein ion exchange and affinity chromatography or
affinity precipitationDesired Skills:
- Fundamental and practical understanding of downstream unit
- Arduino programming and building prototypes
- Experience with GMP equipment design and use of data management
- Skilled in problem-solving.
- Skilled in effectively explaining complex scientific or
engineering concepts to a broader, diverse, cross-functional
audience.Rangam Consultants is a minority, women-owned, disability
workforce solutions global organization. Specialized in attracting
and retaining talents globally for a rewarding career in IT,
Engineering, Scientific, Clinical, Healthcare, Administrative,
Finance, Business Management, and many more, while integrating
veterans and individuals with disabilities into the workforce.
Indeed, we connect career aspirants to relevant job opportunities,
be it jobs in USA, UK, India, or Ireland. Also remote jobs,
work-from-home jobs, or contract jobs in different verticals and
Rangam strives to put job seekers first, giving them free access to
search for jobs, post resumes, and research companies.Every day, we
connect millions of people to new opportunities.
Keywords: Rangam Consultants Inc., Washington DC , Purification Associate Scientist, Other , Gaithersburg, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!