Company: WORK WITH YOUR HANDZ
Posted on: November 26, 2022
We are hiring a Lead Superintendent! -We are an industry leader
in multi-family, commercial and government building projects.
Integrity, Service and Community are our core values. Working here
means you're a part of a group that cares just as much about being
part of the community as building in it. If that sounds like you,
we'd love to talk. -WHAT CAN WE DO FOR YOU?
- Culture guided by shared values
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee-Owned by ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership)
- Continuous trainings and professional development
- Community volunteer work
- Employee retention of 95%
- Great benefits and pay -ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Lead site team from construction start through project closing
as a liaison with the owner of the assigned project.
- Ensure contract scope is understood by the entire site
- Generate and maintain a baseline production schedule for the
project, ensuring proper sequencing of construction activities to
allow subcontractors to operate efficiently and profitably.
- Administer and maintain an effective Quality Control Plan.
- Administer subcontracts and purchase contracts within the
context of the General Contract and Contract Documents and review
and approve all invoices and requisitions to ensure correct payment
to the vendor.
- Manage the production, quality, safety, and timely profitable
completion of the assigned project through the site team, trade
partners, and other vendors.SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review, approve, coordinate, and manage a thorough shop drawing
process, ensuring that the submittals meet or exceed the
requirements of the Contract Documents.
- Prepare a project schedule and train site team on how to
complete two-week schedules and how to update schedule
- Adhere to the Company's accounting procedures, including but
not be limited to timely review and approval of trade partners'
requisitions and invoices and prompt notification to subcontractors
of any changes made to their requisitions.
- Review preconstruction checklist to ensure proper bonding,
insurance certificates, signed contracts, or any specialized
paperwork (SF1413 for military projects, HUD, etc.) before trade
partners commence work.
- Work with field administrators to ensure that insurance
certificates and wage reports are up to date.
- Generate and regularly update all site logs, including shop
drawing, RFI, material control, visitor, and applicant flow, TO,
etc., in accordance with company policy.
- Chair weekly progress meetings with trade partners and prepare
for monthly job reviews and projectionsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS &
- Four (4)-year degree in an accredited construction-related
curriculum (BSCE, BSAE, etc.) or experience equivalent to a 4-year
- Cumulative total of five (5) years of progressive experience in
ground-up new construction and/or rehabilitation construction.
- Firm understanding to lead, coach, and train team members and
monitor their work for quality and completeness
- Firm understanding of project management, estimating,
scheduling, budget/cost control, negotiation, field supervision,
and financial reporting.
- Proficient with construction management software, including MS
Excel, MS Word, MS Project, Procore, and other web-based or mobile
document and project management solutions.
- Knowledge of AIA contract documents, and in particular cost
plus GMP contracts.
- OSHA 30 Certification. Certifications for CCM (Certified
Construction Manager), PMP (Project Management Professional), PSP
(Planning and Scheduling Professional), DRMP (Decision and Risk
Management Professional), CEP (Certified Estimating Professional),
and LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) a plus.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership)
- Career growth
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Maternal/Parental Leave
- Salary range $130-150k plus bonus potential! -All qualified
candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard
to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender,
veteran status, disability, or other protected category. We are an
equal opportunity employer. Pre-employment background checks and
drug tests are required to be considered for this position.
Keywords: WORK WITH YOUR HANDZ, Washington DC , Lead Superintendent, Other , Brentwood, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!