Company: Home2 Suites by Hilton Potomac Mills Woodbridge
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The NEWEST Hilton Hotel in the area is looking for YOU!
Home2 Suites in Woodbridge is looking for a Maintenance/Houseman
team member to join the BEST back-of-house team in the brand. With
you on board, let's keep this bright and shiny, brand new hotel as
nice as it was the day it was opened!
All candidates should have passion for hospitality, and a strong
sense of pride in their work. The conditional and cleanliness of
our guest rooms is the most important step in making sure every
guest who walks through the door feels like they are part of our
Home2 Family. The best candidates should have the following:
1) A mindset of going the extra degree, and being here to make good
things happen for other people, and
2) Motivated by the success of a team, and pride in the place we
If you have hotel maintenance experience, great. If you have Hilton
experience, even better!
If you'd like, scroll down to find the job description for the
position. However, personality and maintenance skills are what will
shine brightest. Bring us your smile, bring us your passion for
hospitality, bring us your best!
Must have an open availability, with prior building maintenance and
cleaning experience preferred
This position will be primarily maintenance, but team member will
be asked to help out in a houseman role (taking out trash, running
laundry) every now and then, and perform other duties as
*Job Summary: *Oversees property maintenance of grounds, building
facilities and guest rooms. Responsible for daily cleaning and
upkeep, preventive maintenance, small repair and tasks, special
projects, and communicating larger maintenance needs to the General
*Duties and Responsibilities*
* Ensure the best possible lodging experience for each guest,
within the framework of ESA operating guidelines.
* Follow ESA's grooming and appearance guidelines.
* Wear a provided maintenance uniform and nametag at all times on
* Order and install small maintenance items as needed for repair,
under direction of Assistant General Manager.
* Complete tasks and assignments on the daily Maintenance
* Complete Maintenance Request Forms within 24 hours.
* Complete Preventive Maintenance program on a timely basis.
* Respond to maintenance emergencies timely, on a 24 hour call
* Assist with carrying dishware items to rooms when requested.
* Practice safe working conditions under Occupational Safety and
Health Administration guidelines to include Bloodborne
* Practice safe chemical handling as prescribed in Material Safety
and Data Sheets.
* Perform other such duties assigned by Property Management to meet
guest or operational needs.
*Common Guest Areas and Exterior*
* Clears trash and empties property trash containers daily.
* Sweeps and cleans sidewalks and stairs as needed (trash and
* Clears debris from parking lot, landscaping, and dumpster area
* Ensures exterior building and grounds are clean by use of a
pressure washer and blower.
*Common Guest Areas and Interior*
* Paints walls, ceilings, doors and window trim as needed.
* Provides Preventive Maintenance to 2 rooms each day.
* Ensures Preventive Maintenance repairs in the following
* Electrical circuits and wiring;
* Guest room walls;
* Doors and locks;
* Carpet (remove stains) and;
* Floor coverings.
* Ensures Guest Laundry washers, dryers, vending machines and
common areas are cleaned twice daily.
* Maintains clean, organized maintenance workshop and
* General knowledge of heating, air conditioning, electric and
* Knowledge and ability to use basic work tools and equipment.
* Ability to patch holes, clean carpets, and paint walls.
* Ability to work well under limited supervision.
* Ability to work well with others.
* Strong work ethic.
* Apartment, building, or lodging maintenance experience.
* Ability to bend at waist and work on knees.
* Ability to reach over head.
* Ability to stand for long periods of time.
* Ability to walk three flights of stairs.
* Ability to work outside in hot or cold weather.
* Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
*EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: *High school diploma at a minimum
required and 3 or more years of hotel operations experienced
*LANGUAGE SKILLS: * _Must have developed language skills to the
point to be able to: _
* Read and interpret documents in English such as routine
correspondence, newspapers, periodicals, journals, and manuals.
* Write routine reports, correspondence, business letters,
summaries, and reports in English using prescribed format, and
conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and
* Ability to speak effectively in English to customers and
*REASONING ABILITY: * _Must have developed reasoning abilities to
the point to be able to: _
* Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions
furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers; and
ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and
* Read and interpret business records and statistical reports.
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following
* How many years of maintenance technician experience do you
* Do you have the following license or certification: CPO?
* Do you have the following license or certification: HVAC
* Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* Night shift
* Weekend availability
* Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
* Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Home2 Suites by Hilton Potomac Mills Woodbridge, Washington DC , PM Maintenance/Houseman, Other , Woodbridge, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!