Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
Company: CHUTES International
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Salaried Employee (Exempt)
$ 50,000 - $60,000/year
Responsible for the overall organization, distribution, shipping
and receiving of products, materials, supplies and parts. Duties
include managing and overseeing the day-to-day activities of the
shipping and receiving area, coordinating the activities of
DURACHUTE assembly & inventory and general 'housekeeping' of the
warehouse area assigned. This position is a hands-on supervisory
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Determines best method of inbound and outbound shipment and
shipping charges, schedules shipping with freight companies, checks
outgoing shipments for accuracy.
2. Checks incoming and outgoing shipments and associated paperwork
for accuracy and enters into ERP (M1).
3. Prioritizes tasks including outbound orders, incoming
distribution, DURA assembly & inventory, maintaining shipping
inventory and associated M1 duties.
4. Maintains departmental inventory records (Internal and DURA)
both physical count and M1.
5. Corresponds with appropriate departments and vendors on any
6. Oversees/inspects and may assist personnel in packaging and
7. Performs periodic audits of supply items and records and
communicates inventory levels.
8. Routinely researches freight and supply companies to ensure
CHUTES is receiving best possible prices, quality and delivery time
9. Monitors and works to continually improve safety, quality,
efficiency/productivity, cost reduction, and team member
10. Supervises DURACHUTE assembly employees and shipping/receiving
employees, as needed.
11. Provides customs paperwork (commercial invoices and USMCA) as
needed for overseas customers.
Complete special projects as assigned.
1. Ethical Conduct.
2. Time Management.
3. Organization Skills.
4. Financial Management.
5. Project Management.
6. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
7. Computer Accounting Program Expertise.
8. Word, Excel, Outlook Expertise.
9. Customer Service Skills
* 10. Written and Verbal Communication Skills.
*Supervisory Responsibility/Direct Reports*
This position has 3-4 direct reports.
This job operates in a manufacturing plant environment. Noise
levels can be moderate to loud. Eye, ear and foot protection is
required. Temperature ranges can be a bit warmer or cooler than
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required
to stand, use fine motor skills to manipulate hand tools and small
items. For safety must be able to see and hear. The employee is
also frequently required to stand, walk and do some lifting and
moving of up to 35 pounds.
*Position Type/Expected Hours of Work*
As head of the shipping/receiving team, arriving punctually to each
shift is vital. Regular work hours are 7:00am - 3:30pm, Monday -
Friday. Additional hours may be required to meet incoming/outgoing
trucks and to accommodate the production/installation schedule.
No travel is expected for this position, except for occasional
*Required Education and Experience*
Five years' minimum experience in
Two years' minimum experience supervisory experience.
Manufacturing/shop floor environment experience with quality
Writing standard operating procedures.
Lean manufacturing a plus
*Additional Eligibility Qualifications*
- Forklift, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment
- Attention to and compliance with all safety requirements
- Strong computer knowledge (Word, Excel, ERP, Outlook)
- Inventory knowledge
- Effective communication skills
- Leadership and team building skills
- Must be able to lift/move up min of 35 pounds
- Align with CHUTES values: Loyalty, Integrity, Improvement,
Accountability and All-In (passion)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Professional development assistance
* Referral program
* Retirement plan
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Waldorf, MD 20602: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Shipping and Receiving: 1 year (Required)
* English (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: CHUTES International, Washington DC , Shipping and Receiving Supervisor, Other , Waldorf, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!