Guest Services Representative
Company: Extended Stay America
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Position Purpose and Summary: *
The Guest Services Representative ("GSR") position must demonstrate
and promote a strong commitment to providing the best possible
experience for our guests. The position is responsible for
assisting guests at all times, answering phones, and checking in
and checking guests out in accordance with company guidelines and
procedures. The GSR also is responsible for completing all
necessary front office daily paperwork and ensuring that safety and
security procedures are in place in accordance with company
guidelines and standards for all associates and guests.
*Major / Key Job Duties: *
* Demonstrates and promotes a 100% commitment to providing the best
possible experience for our guests.
* Management system. Assists guests at all times; responds to guest
requests with diligent follow through. Job functions include
empowerment to resolve guest issues through the Make it Right
process. The GSR must embrace ESA's service culture and treat all
guest and associates with the utmost of respect and kindness.
* Must be able to process reservations, registration, payment, and
departures in accordance with company guidelines and
* Job functions to include handling collection efforts of all
in-house balances. The GSR is responsible for accounting all cash,
check, credit card and city ledger accounts through the
* Job functions to include setup, maintenance and takedown of the
breakfast when required by time of day; and maintaining an
organized and clean work area behind the front desk, in the lobby
and guest commons in compliance with company standards.
* Job functions to include selling the value of ESA to all
inquiries (via telephone and in person) and striving to convert
them into reservations and occupied rooms in compliance with
* Job functions to include collecting relevant guest information in
accordance with guidelines, probing for potential sales leads, and
* Periodic tours of the property to ensure the property is meeting
* Assists and provides reasonable accommodations in response to
guest requests whenever possible and practical
* Compliance with all company policies and procedures, including
but not limited to the prompt reporting of all safety and security
issues directly to the manager or to the appropriate
*OTHER DUTIES: *
* Responsible for maintaining overall hotel cleanliness, including
assisting with cleaning any areas of the hotel as assigned by the
manager when needed, including but not limited to front desk,
associate breakroom, guest laundry, fitness room, vending areas,
stairwells and common areas.
* Cross training into the housekeeping and laundry areas so that
assistance can be provided as needed.
* Other duties as requested by the management team.
* Ability to understand and communicate in English proficiently to
interact with guests, associates and outside vendors.
* Must be able to operate the property management system
technology. Requires the ability to work through all shift reports
and performing the audit function when necessary and assigned.
* Ability to understand and follow documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to complete routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
* Ability to apply good judgment at all times.
* Ability to deal with problems, address and solve guest-related
*Environmental Job Requirements: *
* While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
regularly required to remain stationary; navigate the hotel and
parking lot; reach and handle; detect objects and controls; and
* Occasionally required to position self to access low areas and
traverse heights and remain stable while doing so.
* Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Occasionally push and/or pull carts and equipment up to 50
* While performing the duties of this job, the associate frequently
works in outside weather conditions (depending on hotel).
* The associate occasionally works in wet humid conditions
(non-weather related), near moving mechanical parts, in the
presence of fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic
chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
* The work environment will typically be at moderate to loud noise
* The associate may be asked to travel to help additional locations
within a reasonable geography.
*Minimum Qualifications: *
* High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one to
three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
#hiring #hospitality #talent #extendedstayamerica
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $14.50 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Parental leave
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Evening shift
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Extended Stay America, Washington DC , Guest Services Representative, Other , Springfield, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!