Posted on: November 26, 2022
*Our Purpose: *Created by a team of busy parents, professionals,
cooks, and food-lovers who care about what we eat, how we live, and
where our food comes from, Gardyn designs and develops high
density, intelligent, plug-n-play vertical gardens for the
cultivation of top-quality produce anywhere, all year, and in any
Our indoor vertical Gardyns improve lifestyle, health, and the
environment by providing tasty, affordable, nutritious greens and
fruits without sacrificing design, space, or resources. We are here
to help shape the future of food by leveraging new technologies,
for less impact on the environment and giving access to healthy,
tasty, nutritious food to all.
- Radical Candor: It is not about being right or wrong or saving
face. What we care most about is to make the right decisions for
- Freedom and Responsibility: Everybody at Gardyn is an adult and
should be able to make the best decisions on their own with the
best interest of the company in mind.
- Impact: We want to move the needle big time in everything we do,
on the way the company is working, our business, our customers.
- Transparency and Collaboration: We care deeply for our customers,
our colleagues, and for all that we are doing, how and why. It is
not about ourselves, it is about what we want to accomplish as an
*Your Purpose: *_*We are seeking a motivated individual to join our
team as a Shipping and Receiving Clerk. As part of our team, you
oversee and document the receiving of packages, parcels, and
supplies, store items in the appropriate areas, and prepare items
*To nail your job you will: *
- Obtain and process product orders, including receiving
deliveries, registering them and distributing packages within the
company making sure they are received in good condition and packing
slips match the part and quantity received
- Log the deliveries made to the facility in the inventory system
and any other control file and notify the internal customers is
- Store items received in appropriate storage areas, documenting
any changes and update the inventory system as corresponding
- Pack and ship orders to internal and external customers in the
most efficient manner, including FBA shipments
- Maintain shipping logs
- Cross-check inventory accuracy with system entries
- Identify and resolve shipping, storage, or receiving
discrepancies as they arise
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and update supplies as
- Handle issues arising in shipping or inventory handling
- Maintain an updated inventory system and perform cycle counts as
- Prepare advanced shipping notifications emails and logs as
- Receive and log items returned in the inventory system and record
files and restock them as appropriate
- Assist on the update of selling channels as the orders shipped by
3PLs are confirmed and maintain the shipping logs
*We'll love you because: *
- You have at least one year in parts/warehouse related
- Proficiency in inventory software, databases and systems.
NetSuite is a plus.
- Familiarity with modern warehousing practices and methods
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have good organizational skills
- Bilingual - English and Spanish
- Detail oriented to small detail while managing the logistics of
high volume of items entering and leaving the facility
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds unaided and be able to bend,
crouch and lift items throughout your shift
- Position is onsite and it's located in Gaithersburg, MD
*You'll love us because: *
- We encourage unconventional thinking.
- We are paving the path for innovation in home grown food.
- We are creating a movement bigger than ourselves that will
positively enhance people's lives.
- We practice radical candor and encourage employees to be
authentic and transparent when communicating with all internal
employees as well as external vendor relationships.
- We lead with context not control and let you determine the best
ways to accomplish your goals.
- We are a wicked smart yet humble team.
- Egos are not welcome here.
- Gardyn embodies the start-up culture with the success to back it
- Come prepared to work in a highly adaptable, fast-paced
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 - $21.00 per hour
* Flexible schedule
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Gaithersburg, MD 20877: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Gardyn, Washington DC , Shipping/Receiving Clerk, Other , Gaithersburg, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!