Staff Nurse - Emergency Department - Part Time - Varied Shifts
Company: Luminis Health Doctors Community Medical Center
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Staff Nurse - Emergency Department
Under the general supervision of the Clinical Coordinator, is
responsible and accountable for total direct and indirect
comprehensive delivery of nursing care to patients of all ages,
including newborn, infant, pediatric, psychiatric, emergency,
oncology, critical care and medical/surgical patients.
Role Specific Competencies
- Is accountable for own actions. Demonstrates sound critical
- Assesses health care and needs of patient using appropriate
resources and standards and does so in a timely manner.
- Communicates written and verbal reports accurately. Keeps
charge nurse and physicians/physician's assistant informed.
- Upholds standards of confidentiality at all times.
5. Demonstrates skills and knowledge necessary to provide quality
care services for special age specific populations, such as, but
not limited to pediatrics and geriatrics patients
- Documents all pertinent data correctly and within required time
- Evaluates effectiveness of nursing care and documents same in
- Administers nursing care in a competent manner consistent with
policies and procedures. C ompletes all assignments and observation
9. Participates in programs designed to increase the effectiveness
of nursing practice (ED)
- Attends at least 75% of staff meetings per year.
- Demonstrates compliance with information presented at staff
meetings, through e-mail, huddle and other forms of
- Prioritizes patient care according to needs of individual
patients and unit.
- Completes assignments according to hospital standards and
within appropriate time frame.
12. Safety Maintains a safe environment.
- Responds to unusual events Immediately.
13. Synchronizes the nursing activities toward achievement of
patient and nurse goals safely, efficiently and effectively
- Collaborates as necessary with other members of the health team
to establish priorities of patient care.
- In emergency situations; Recognizes potentially
life-threatening clinical situations and intervenes appropriate to
- Functions effectively in clinical emergencies, demonstrating an
ability to implement AC LS appropriately. Seeks assistance, if
necessary, in order to accomplish immediate priorities without loss
of control. Identifies stress-producing situations and modifies
Qualifications and Experience
- ACLS required.
- Current CPR certification required.
- ENPC or PALS required.
- RN Licensure in State of Maryland
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Minimum one year previous experience in all aspects of
emergency/critical care nursing within the past five years or
successful completion of the Emergency Department Internship.
- Concentrates on moderate to fine detail for extended periods of
- Must be able to hear normal sounds with some background
- Remembers schedules, tasks to be completed, where activities
left off, etc.
- Routinely lifts objects under 50 pounds.
- Understands and can operate from the conceptual basis of tasks
Welcome to Luminis Health
Get ready for a bright future with us as we ignite a new era in
community care. One that gives our patients easier access to what
they need, when and where they need it. We offer many opportunities
and locations for you to contribute your talents: Three hospitals
(Anne Arundel Medical Center, Doctors Community Medical Center,
McNew Family Medical Center), multiple outpatient services to
include imaging, lab, services, medical group, mental health and
substance use treatment centers, outpatient pavilions in Bowie,
Easton, Kent Island, Pasadena, Odenton and Waugh Chapel and a
We invite you to shine your light and join us in sharing optimism,
collaborating on innovation, and delivering quality care.
The future is bright. Yours and ours.
PATIENT- & FAMILY-CENTERED CARE
Patient- and family-centered care requires more than a skill set.
It requires a mindset focused on the principles of Dignity and
Respect, Information Sharing, Participation and Collaboration.
Patients and families are encouraged to be participatory members of
the health care team - helping to make decisions about their care
or the care of a loved one.
Our nursing quality councils are based on a three-tier
infrastructure - unit level, service line level, and organizational
level. Each level escalates to the next, allowing for strong
communication and collaboration between quality councils, as well
as within and between the service lines. Within the councils,
nurses formulate their practice questions, conduct literature
reviews, review research articles, and create quality improvement
projects geared to the specific needs of their patients.
Doctors Community Medical Center makes career growth and
advancement a priority for our nurses. We have a formal clinical
ladder program and clinical ladder coaches who can help you assess
your goals and guide you through the portfolio and application
process. We also offer financial aid and scholarship opportunities,
along with in-house seminars, workshops and access to continuing
education credits via HealthStream -.
Keywords: Luminis Health Doctors Community Medical Center, Washington DC , Staff Nurse - Emergency Department - Part Time - Varied Shifts, Other , Lanham, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!