GI Hospitalist APP
Location: Falls Church
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The GI Hospitalist APP will provide inpatient support to the
gastroenterology service and work directly with the
gastroenterology service, primarily the GI hospitalist. -The GI
hospitalist service will be a primary service managing the acute
hospitalization related to GI disease processes. -
- Graduate of an accredited NP or PA program
- Board certified (ACNP or NCCPA certification)
- Virginia License
- Works in collaboration with the GI Hospitalist attending to
provide acute care gastroenterology services.
- Management of various GI disease processes such as GERD, PUD,
GI bleeding, esophageal and variceal bleeding, GI cancers, crohn's
disease, IBS, and other GI related illness/ conditions. -
- Performs admissions, consultations, daily rounding, and
- Writes/ dictates history and physical notes, consult, and daily
- Prescribes/ orders medications, therapies, diet, orders and
interprets laboratory and imaging studies as well as procedures
consistent with clinical privileges.
- Performs patient counseling/ comprehensive teaching,
consenting, and preparation for GI procedures to be performed in
the inpatient setting. -
- Performs procedures as trained and delineated in DOP/
- Ensure key quality metrics are optimized.
- Maintains Virginia License, DEA, and board certification as
appropriate for NP and PA.
- Maintains BLS.
- Participates in quality improvement projects as
- Accurate and complete billing for services provided.
Inova is Northern Virginia's leading nonprofit healthcare provider.
Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare - every time,
every touch - to each person in every community we have the
privilege to serve. Inova's 18,000 team members serve more than 2
million individuals annually through an integrated network of
hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and
urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination
Keywords: Inova, Washington DC , GI Hospitalist APP, Other , Falls Church, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!