Residential Operations Supervisor
Company: Republic Services
Posted on: November 26, 2022
As an Operations Supervisor at Republic Services, you are
responsible for the safety and well-being of the most important
asset at our company - our employees. As a people leader, you will
have the chance to solve problems, create opportunities and deliver
exceptional service to our customers and communities. As a key
member of the leadership team, you will both understand the big
picture of where we are going as a company, while being hands-on in
the day-to-day operation to make it happen.
What you will do:
- Attract, hire, lead and develop a diverse team of Drivers,
Helpers, and/or Dispatchers.
- Prioritize safety through accident prevention programs,
including accountability for safe behaviors, conducting safety
meetings, and maintaining a safety focused culture.
- Optimize our business by creating, modifying, and improving
routes to maximize efficiency.
- Gather and review customer feedback to drive customer
satisfaction and loyalty to the Company Provide coaching, feedback,
and exposure to challenging assignments for team members.
- Collaborate frequently with colleagues across departments, such
as sales and maintenance teams, to ensure business and operational
goals are achieved.
- Implement engagement programs to attract new employees and
drive existing employee loyalty, satisfaction, and retention.
- Establish productivity goals where needed, ensure adherence to
operating standards, and manage labor hours and expenses
What you will need to be successful:
- Previous knowledge or experience of leading in a safety-focused
- Capacity to lead diverse teams of individuals to perform at
- Ability to drive a company vehicle and work outside in all
- Ability to problem solve, use good judgment, and make sound
- Flexibility to adapt to changes as needed.
- Strong communication skills to interact with customers and
colleagues with respect.
- A high degree of ethics and integrity to do the right thing in
the right way.
- Comfort using technology (i.e., Microsoft Office, App-Based
Software, Web-Based Software).
- Desire to help others and be a team player.
Why you will love this job!
- You will have the ability to make a positive impact on the
company and team by creating opportunities for our colleagues to
serve our communities at their best.
- You will get the chance to take ownership of important
priorities and flex your leadership muscle.
- You will be a part of a team that has earned awards such as
"Most Admired Company of 2021".
- You will stay active and engaged with your team, your
customers, and our communities - shifting between office and field
throughout the day.
- You will be provided all required PPE, including work boots and
- You will work for a company that cares about you, with great
benefits and offerings to keep you healthy, safe, and well.
- You will work alongside diverse colleagues who are committed to
serving our customers and communities together.
- You will be given the chance to provide feedback in our
inclusive culture, through regular interaction with leadership and
our confidential employee experience survey.
Keywords: Republic Services, Washington DC , Residential Operations Supervisor, Other , Fairfax, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!