Barback, Waldorf Astoria Washington DC
Posted on: September 24, 2022
A Barback is responsible for preparing and servicing permanent
and portable bars throughout the hotel in the hotel's continuing
effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial
What will I be doing?
As a Barback, you would be responsible for preparing and servicing
permanent and portable bars throughout the hotel in the hotel's
continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and
financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for
performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Retrieves orders from storeroom. Visually checks stock received
against written requisition with storeroom personnel, to ensure
order is accurate. Upon delivery to the bar, re-checks items with
bartender for completeness.
- Cuts, slices and peels perishable garnishes and fruits, mixes
and pours juices in sufficient amounts according to projected
business. Stores back-up supplies needing refrigeration in
prescribed containers for later use.
- Checks and assists bartender in maintaining adequate amounts of
supplies, i.e., stir sticks, napkins, matches, etc., for both the
immediate bar and extended service area. Transports taps, replaces
and performs routine maintenance requirements on heavy beer
- Maintains cleanliness of bar area, beer lockers, refrigeration
and storage areas to comply with health code standards.
- Scoops ice from ice bins, transports to service areas and
replenishes ice containers for usage.
- Boxes and saves empty liquor bottles as they accumulate for
later returns and requisitions.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the
hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation,
quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of
our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values.
Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key
- Customer Focus
- Adaptability What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the
lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to
extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century,
Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in
accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated
to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest
experiences across its global brands . Our vision "to fill the
earth with the light and warmth of hospitality" unites us as a team
to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every
day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Keywords: Hilton, Washington DC , Barback, Waldorf Astoria Washington DC, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!