Help Desk Support Specialist - Spectrum Networks DC
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Spectrum Networks is looking for enthusiastic, talented and
driven individuals to join the best and brightest in gathering,
producing and delivering stories that make a difference within our
community! Our commitment is to engage viewers with relevant,
character-driven stories that are important to the local
communities we serve.
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 30 + local news and
regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter
Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most
essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and
thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged
The Environment: Spectrum News operates in a 24-hour news cycle
which can require employees to be flexible and available to work
various shifts, including early morning, late evenings, weekends
Being on our team means You're ready to inspire and be inspired!
You're passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to tell
amazing stories that mean something to our communities. You're
fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills
and abilities to share news stories across multiple platforms.
You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing
workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong
What we're looking for: A Help Desk Support Specialist who is
responsible for providing consistent live phone support to the
employees of Charter Communications. You must be intermediate or
advanced in IT assistance for problem resolution with minimal
supervision. You should be skilled in troubleshooting,
documentation and escalating support requests to higher personnel.
There will be around 80-100 cases per day.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize and
complete specified tasks on time.
- Ability to effectively communicate status orally and in written
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated in-depth background in Support Desk services
- Demonstrated in-depth background in customer support and
- Ability to develop proficiency in Remedy application use and
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication
- Effective team working skills in a fast-paced setting
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Proficient in MS Office suite Education & Experience:
- Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or
technical school; or equivalent combination of education and
- 3 years of IT Help Desk experience required
- 3 years of experience troubleshooting Windows 7 & 10 operating
- 3 years of experience with MS Office Applications and hardware
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university
- IT Industry certifications (MCSA, A+, Network+, etc.) preferred
- Office environment
- Must be able to work flexible schedule from 05:00 am to 11:59
pm any day of the week in 8-to-10-hour shifts Our Culture: Every
employee is an influencer and culture keeper. We expect respectful
communication (despite pressure), openness to feedback, an
eagerness to learn, and an overall positive attitude!
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Washington DC , Help Desk Support Specialist - Spectrum Networks DC, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!