Fundraising Officer (Grants)
Company: Girl Scout Council of the Nation's Capital
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Who are the Girl Scouts?Girl Scouts Nation's Capital is the
largest Girl Scout Council in the country. It provides girls in
grades K-12 with opportunities to learn new skills, make friends,
and discover the power of girls together. We're the preeminent
leadership development organization for girls.
Your Next ChallengeWe are looking for a Grants Officer to research,
write, submit, and track funding proposals to support all aspects
of Girl Scouting, from programs and operations to capital needs.
This person seeks grants from prospects and long-term, established
funders. The annual goal for this position is $1 million and is
expected to grow each year by a minimum of $150,000.
Here's What You Will Be Doing
- Develop annual strategies and goals for foundation & corporate
- Manage and administer foundation, corporate, government grants
- Collaborate with senior staff and department leaders to
identify and develop grant-supported programs and budgets
- Oversee and solicit corporate funding for events and other
- Manage the annual grants calendar of submission and report due
- Research and identify funding prospects to build the
- Develop letter of inquiry, proposal packages, and report
- Meet with prospects and long-term funders to match their goals
to our needs
- Source, compile, and prepare impact stories to be used in donor
- Coordinate grants accounting and financial reporting with the
- Oversee thank you letters and recognition for grant
- Develop donor cultivation plans and oversee funder onsite
visits, council updates and materials
- Develop and maintain the Council's grants policies and
- Track grant revenue and generate revenue reports for the Board
of Directors and Finance
- Develop, edit, proofread copy on grant programs and related
publicationsLet's Talk About You!
- You're passionate about girl leadership.
- You have earned a bachelor's degree or have equivalent related
- You have at least 3 years of experience as a grant professional
with a proven track record, including earning grants from $25,000
up to 6-figures.
- You are a stellar writer with amazing proofreading skills.
- You are highly organized, know how to prioritize, and never
miss a deadline!
- You are a compelling storyteller who inspires funders to give
- You understand and are willing to do the administrative tasks
of grant writing.
- You fine tune processes to make them more efficient.
- You are tech-savvy, easily making your way around Microsoft
Office and grant application systems.
- You know what it means to represent an organization in a
positive way to internal and external stakeholders.
- You are known as a creative thinker, finding new funders and
ways to connect your organization to them.
Some of Our Benefits
- 100% employer-paid HMO for employees (dependent coverage, POS,
- 3% employer contribution to 403(b), plus additional 2%
- Hybrid work environment: combining flexibility of telework with
in-person human interaction!
- Generous paid leave benefits
- Paid holidays/office closures include: New Year's Day, Martin
Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth,
Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, day after
Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and December 26-31. The Presidential
Inauguration Day is also an observed holiday on January 20th every
- Friendly colleagues who are dedicated to a common mission to
make a difference in the lives of girls
Keywords: Girl Scout Council of the Nation's Capital, Washington DC , Fundraising Officer (Grants), Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!