Unarmed Security/Patrol Officer (All Locations)
Company: Signal 88 Security of Northern Virginia
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Unarmed Security Officer -
Woodbridge/Lorton/Alexandria/Manassas/Chantilly/Aldie - Immediate
Current DCJS 01E registration is required before first shift
assignment, but not required for consideration. Prior military, law
enforcement, and private security experience is highly desired.
Must have reliable transportation within the Northern Virginia
area. Current positions open are Full-Time or Part-Time in ALL
areas. Apply now!
Must work nights, weekends (Friday/Saturday/Sunday), and
As a Unarmed Security Officer (Roving Patrol Officer),
- Conducting roving vehicle and foot patrols through property
streets, parking lots, common areas, and other areas of the
property to monitor for damage, criminal activity, and other
- Conducting foot patrols of courtyards, management offices,
pools, and/or other corridors to ensure that the property is secure
and to report any illegal or inappropriate activity, as well as
take preventive actions to protect the property and the
- Monitoring the property for suspicious activity which could
include unauthorized vehicles, vehicles that have been broken into,
trespassers or people loitering, trash and lighting issues, or
other activities that are not normal to that property.
- Checking all doors in assigned buildings to ensure that
employees locked up and set necessary alarms.
- Conducting security assessments and notifying customers via
reports of all necessary lighting issues, non-operable lights,
trash that is not disposed of properly, and any other potential
areas that could be a breach in security (no fence, damaged fence,
overgrown trees or bushes to hide in, etc.).
- Writing clear and accurate reports in accordance with the
Operations Manual guidelines to document all observations during
- Performing additional duties as required by the site Post
- All patrols and route planning are conducted using Signal's
88Edge software. Officer is required to learn the software, to use
it appropriately, and to maintain efficiency by submitting
- Officer will NOT use force of any kind, but only provide visual
deterrence, record observations, and report.
- Complete all appropriate online and physical training
- Successfully pass a drug test and background check.
- Possess no criminal convictions and possess a valid driver's
license, as specified under Signal 88 Policies and Procedures.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively both orally
for positive public interaction and in writing for accurate
- Demonstrate good typing skills; all reporting is done
- Ability to learn new software quickly, efficiently, and in a
- Able to provide proof of ability to work in the United
- Ability to interact with all levels of Signal 88, with clients
and their employees, and with the public in a direct, timely, and
- Ability to get along with other employees, to follow
directions, to work under stress, to add value, and to continuously
- Ability to conform to established procedures, to help identify
problems, and to provide solutions.
Keywords: Signal 88 Security of Northern Virginia, Washington DC , Unarmed Security/Patrol Officer (All Locations), Other , Woodbridge, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!