Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
Company: Forestville Healthcare Center
Location: District Heights
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Forestville Healthcare Center - Forestville Healthcare Center, a
member of the CommuniCare Family of Companies, is currently
recruiting for aCertified Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA)to
join our team.PURPOSE/BELIEF STATEMENT:The Certified Occupational
Therapist Assistant (COTA) works as part of a team to provide
occupational therapy services under the direction and supervision
of the occupational therapist. COTAs implement selected components
of patient/client interventions (treatment), obtain data related to
the interventions provided, and make modifications in selected
interventions either to progress the patient/client as directed by
the occupational therapist or to ensure patient/client safety and
comfort. Additional duties of an administrative nature may be
assigned by therapy director or facility executive director.JOB
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Verifies client information by interviewing client, reviewing
and/or recording medical history, and confirming purpose of
- Implements treatment plan of care through direct treatment and
collaboration with Occupational Therapist, education of treatment
staff which includes fellow therapists and other members of team
involved in the treatment plan.
- Receives necessary supervision from the Occupational
- Identifies indications for and assists in evaluations at
appropriate intervals under the direction of an Occupational
- Assists the Occupational Therapist in identifying a problem
list, short term goals, long term goals, and treatment plan.
- Conducts individual, supervised, and group treatment as
assigned by the Occupational Therapist and/or Therapy
- Monitors patients response to intervention and consults with
Occupational Therapist if modification is needed.
- Assists patients under direction of an Occupational Therapist
to maximize their potential in activities of daily living including
areas of self-care, meal time skills, and manipulation skills.
- Provides treatment in accordance with established standards of
practice, department procedures, and productivity standards.
- Demonstrates the ability to spend 87-90% of work day in direct
- Complies with the documentation requirements of the rehab
department and facility.
- Maintains professional growth and development by participating
in continuing education programs and other approved learning
- Maintains confidentiality of all medical record, facility, and
rehab related information.
- Maintains accurate billing information in accordance with
facility procedures daily.
- Attends/leads interdisciplinary meetings as appropriate to
relay clinical findings and make recommendations to other members
of the rehab team.
- Attends and participates in family meeting when
- Assists with staff/family training and education when
appropriate by formal and informal in-services, as well as
- Reviews and adheres to the policies and procedures outlined by
the facility and CommuniCare Rehabilitation.
- Assists with and participates in Quality Assurance Programs as
- Performs other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Occupational therapist assistant (OTA) education, obtained in
an accredited two-year associate degree program
- Agree to abide by the AOTA Practice Standards/Code of
- Attain a passing score on the national licensure
- Hold a current state license/certification
- Competency in therapy treatment principles, techniques,
materials and equipment utilization
- Knowledge of state and federal accreditation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Must be able to travel as necessaryBenefitsAs a CommuniCare
employee you will enjoy competitive wages and PTO plans. We offer
full time employees a menu of benefit options from life and
disability plans to medical, dental, and vision coverage from
quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer match
and Flexible Spending Accounts.About UsA family-owned company, we
have grown to become one of the nations largest providers of
post-acute care, which includes skilled nursing rehabilitation
centers, long-term care centers, assisted living communities,
independent rehabilitation centers, and long-term acute care
hospitals (LTACH). Since 1984, we have provided superior,
comprehensive management services for the development and
management of adult living communities. We have a single job
description at CommuniCare, "to reach out with our hearts and touch
the hearts of others." Through this effort we create "Caring
Communities" where staff, residents, clients, and family members
care for and about one another.COVID Vaccines are available for
CommuniCare employees. In conjunction with our pharmacy partners ,
we are currently offering free COVID vaccines to employees! You can
protect yourself, your family, and your community from COVID by
getting vaccinated at no charge.
Keywords: Forestville Healthcare Center, Washington DC , Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, Other , District Heights, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!