Content Officer for Policy Analysis
Company: Guttmacher Institute
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Guttmacher InstituteTitle: Content Officer for Policy
AnalysisStatus: Full-time, Regular, ExemptReports to: Vice
President for Public PolicyLocation: Washington, D.C. Salary Range:
starts at $100,000 annually Organization:Founded in 1968, the
Guttmacher Institute is a global leader in advancing sexual and
reproductive health and rights. Through a unique and interrelated
program of high-quality research, evidence-based advocacy and
strategic communications, the Institute works to generate new
ideas, encourage enlightened public debate and promote sound policy
and program development. The Institute's overarching goal is to
ensure the highest standard of sexual and reproductive health and
rights for all people worldwide. The Institute is engaged in
building a more inclusive, transparent and equitable
organization.Position Summary:The Content Officer for Policy
Analysis works collaboratively with other policy division staff and
with cross-divisional teams to provide content for the Institute's
policy blog and other policy resources. One main goal of this role
is to target policymakers, stakeholder groups and thought leaders
with policy analysis grounded in evidence and informed by insights
from partners. The position coordinates the content creation team
of public policy experts, who analyze sexual and reproductive
health policymaking in Washington, state capitals and the globe to
supply readers with information critical to understanding the
policy landscape and to anticipating and effecting changes. This
relies upon strong collaboration skills to create cohesive,
strategic and consistent content in line with the Institute's
short- and long-term goals. The division is currently rebuilding
and reshaping its approach, and this position will have the
opportunity to work with others in advancing the division's vision
for strategic impact, collaboration and equity as it applies to
policy analysis and other policy-related
materials.Responsibilities: Idea generation; content creation
- Work with public policy experts to identify and track important
topics and opportunities to inject data and analysis into critical
- Work with the Vice President for Public Policy and the Policy
Management Team to ensure that the strategy for policy analysis and
other policy-related materials are in alignment with the
Institute's vision and values as well as the division's policy
priorities and framework for impact, equity and collaboration.
- Coordinate with Guttmacher's research and communications staff
to translate evidence into easy-to-digest materials and tools,
create messages and shape the narrative.
- In close coordination with cross-divisional teams, stay abreast
of current and forthcoming Guttmacher data that can be leveraged in
the policy arena.
- Analyze and interpret findings by breaking down data.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key people in the SRHR
ecosystem for emerging trends and messaging.
- Contribute to content idea generation for publication.
- Generate unique policy observations and ideas related to the
policy priorities of the division by watching and uncovering
important trends in the political landscape.
- Stay up-to-date with local, national and global affairs.Writing
and Editorial Support
- Lead on the conceptual development of policy analysis articles,
policy factsheets and other policy-related materials.
- Pitch ideas to the team and support the development of ideas
among team members.
- Ensure that the division's materials and outputs are cohesive,
impactful and reflect our unique voice in advancing policy
- Edit content and coordinate with an editorial team to guide
written products through editing and production to ensure that the
division's outputs are accurate, have integrity and adhere to the
needs of key audiences.
- Write original content or support other colleagues in the
development of policy analysis designed to promote evidence-based
policy and shape advocacy strategies.
- Strategize with others about how best to present important
ideas, considering as formats long-form articles, short articles
- Contribute to the Institute's "rapid-response" effort.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience as a staff
writer or reporter
- Demonstrable portfolio of published articles
- Understanding of U.S. policy and the policy-making process
- Experience translating complex information for non-expert
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including the ability to
edit text and graphics for diverse audiences, paying particular
attention to house style, internal consistency and readability
- Ability to follow deadlines and fact-check information
- Broad knowledge of effective headline writing techniques
- Positive attitude and flexibility, with the ability to push
work forward through obstacles and adapt quickly as things
- Savvy at conducting Internet research; ability to gather data,
compile information and produce high-quality written products
- Ability to foster an inclusive workplace, where all staff feel
respected, heard, engaged and valued
- Compelling and thoughtful communication style that meets the
needs of internal and external audiences and engenders trust and
collaborationFor consideration, interested candidates should submit
a cover letter and resume. Your cover letter must address your
experience and the qualifications discussed above. Interested
individuals are encouraged to apply immediately. Interviews will be
conducted on a rolling basis. To obtain further details about this
opportunity, contact Jami Armstrong, Lead Search Consultant at
Nonprofit HR at email@example.com.
Keywords: Guttmacher Institute, Washington DC , Content Officer for Policy Analysis, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!