Sr. HRIS & Benefits Specialist
Company: American College of Cardiology
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The Senior HRIS & Benefits Specialist maintains the integrity
and reliability of the HRIS, oversees the day-to-day operations of
the Benefits & Wellness Program, and manages the Leave Program.
This position will work closely with the Sr. Director to analyze
and improve work processes, design, flow, and functionality of the
HRIS. This role collaborates closely with peers on the HR
Operations and HR Business Partner teams on workforce system
changes, reporting, and analytics.This position also acts as the
Benefits and Wellness Program administrator, assisting employees
with onboarding, offboarding, open enrollment, life-changing
events, etc. Will work closely with the Sr. Director and Chief
People Officer to review and evaluate benefit plans for quality,
cost-effectiveness, compliance, market competitiveness and employee
satisfaction. Will Investigate market trends, new benefit options
and wellness activities to enhance existing programs. Provides
analytical and technical support in the delivery of all
programs.Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage daily operations of the HRIS database and reporting
system while partnering with the HR peers to ensure data
- Create monthly dashboard of workforce demographics, changes,
and organization chart.
- Responsible for day-to day administration of all benefit
programs, including health and welfare, ancillary, and wellness
benefits, ensuring program is compliant to the established HR
policies, programs, and practices.
- Manage day-to-day relationships with outsourced benefits
administration vendor and benefit carriers.
- Serve as the in-house resource for employees for questions
regarding ACC's benefit and wellness program.
- Manage annual open enrollment, acting as the POC for employees,
vendors, and facilitating staff meetings.
- Collaborate with HR Business Partners to support employee
benefits needs and conduct new team member orientation, onboarding,
- Manage ACC's Leave Programs (FMLA and Disability) to include
acting as internal case manager and point of contact with external
- Partner with People Operation leaders to ensure ERISA, HIPAA,
ACA and other HR and Benefits law compliance and filing
requirements are met.
- Stay current on laws, regulations, and plan design trends
ensuring that the organization's policies and programs conform and
- Other duties and projects as assigned. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field, or equivalent experience.
PHR or relevant certification preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in Human Resources, including a strong
background in benefits administration, leave administration, and HR
systems (data entry, analysis, reporting).
- Established success in administering an accurate and timely
- Strong working knowledge and application of relevant laws and
regulations (EEO/AAP, FLSA, FMLA, ADA, ERISA, Title VII, COBRA,
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including proficiency with
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; team player; strong customer
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple
projects in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage change and be flexible.
- Good presentation/facilitation skills. Desired Qualifications:
- Prior experience with ADP Workforce Now.
- Experience leading or participating in new system
implementation. About Us: At the American College of Cardiology, we
bring our hearts to work. We are a 500-person organization
dedicated and committed to our mission to transform cardiovascular
care and improve heart health for the past 70 years. When you join
our team, you become part of a passionate culture that envisions a
world where innovation and knowledge optimize cardiovascular care
and outcomes.Every day, we are committed to supporting our more
than 54,000 members and their patients around the globe and in
doing so, ensure our staff have a positive environment of teamwork,
collaboration, professionalism and excellence. To learn more about
why ACC has been recognized as one of Modern Healthcare's Best
Places to Work in Healthcare please visit our site at:
www.acc.org/jobs . COVID Considerations: As an employer in the
public health space, and an organization that serves members who
are essential medical personnel, ACC requires all staff, temporary
employees, and contractors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
before working onsite at ACC or attending ACC events. Proof of
vaccination will be required. Individuals can request an exemption
from this requirement due to a medical condition or sincerely held
religious belief, and those requests for reasonable accommodations
will be evaluated individually. ACC is proud to be an equal
opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity
and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all
candidates and employees. All employment is decided on the basis of
qualifications, merit and business need. Equal Opportunity
Employer, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.ACC
is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified
individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job
application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation
due to a disability, you may contact Crystal Nott, Sr. Director,
People Resources & Engagement at email@example.com or
Keywords: American College of Cardiology, Washington DC , Sr. HRIS & Benefits Specialist, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!