Family Peer Support Partner -Team Lead (FPSP)
Company: PRS Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionPRS, Inc. is recognized as one of the 50 Best
Nonprofits to work for in the US. We are a community-based
nonprofit organization that serves individuals living with
behavioral health care challenges and individuals who face life
crises. PRS offers a culture where employees enjoy coming to work,
are accountable, and can excel in the services they provide.SUMMARY
STATEMENT OF POSITION:Under the direction of the Director of Peer
Services, this position is responsible for overseeing the Family
Peer Support Partners who provide direct services to families with
children/youth up to age 21 who experience one or more behavioral
and/or mental health challenges. The youth may have had contact
with the social services system or juvenile justice or court
system; or who require emergency services or long-term community
mental health and other supports. PRS also serves families who
self-refer. The Team Lead will coordinate initial assessments,
assign families to a Family Peer Support Partner, provide coverage
as needed, supervise FPSP staff, monitor outcomes and carry a small
caseload. PRIMARY DUTIES:
- Provide supervision to Family Peer Support Partners.
- Assign families to appropriate FPSP, provide coverage as
needed, and maintain a small caseload as needed
- Oversee case documentation and reporting; training and
development; review and approve documentation; and ensure fidelity
to Systems of Care, Wraparound and Family Support Partner
- Serve as a peer partner and coach to families navigating
behavioral health systems and other formal and informal community
resources, ensuring families have the information they need.
- Work collaboratively with team coordinators/facilitators,
including Intensive Care Coordinators (ICC) to provide High
Fidelity Wraparound care or other team-based care for identified
clients, if the family is engaged with these services.
- Support the voice and choice of the youth and family through
modeling the effective presentation of ideas and suggestions during
- Assist the youth and family in strengths and needs discovery,
and promote and reinforce strength-based strategies. Mentor and
coach families to act on strengths and use setbacks to increase
- Build trust with parents/caregivers by engaging in a
confidential, respectful, nonjudgmental, and supportive
relationship. Listen to and validate each family member's
perspective, feelings and values, allowing everyone to be
- Help families understand their child's needs and services. Help
families understand and manage information received related to
diagnosis, treatment, and services.
- Support parents/caregivers and encourage them to continue to
have hope, effectively use family and community supports, and learn
skills to parent children so they become empowered and effective
- Participate in connecting family with a variety of support
services for parents/caregivers such
as support groups, family activities, and other resources.
- Participate in evaluation, monitoring and other evaluation
processes, including but not limited to Wraparound Fidelity
Monitoring, as appropriate.
QUALIFICATIONS:This position requires an individual to have
excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Further,
supervisory skills, basic administrative skills are essential
to support data tracking and reporting requirements. To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. This position requires professional
clinical experience. Must have a flexible schedule. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be the current or former biological or adoptive parent or
person in the parent role who has been the primary caregiver of a
child with emotional, behavioral or mental health and/or substance
- Must have experience navigating Virginia behavioral health
systems with their child.
- Supervisory or Team Lead experience required.
- High school diploma or GED; Certified Peer Support Specialist
or Wraparound Facilitator Certification a plus.
- Must be a self-starter who possesses strong interpersonal
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with
demonstrated ability to build rapport with staff, clients, internal
and external providers.
- Ability to learn quickly Electronic Health Record (EHR)
- Highly organized.
- High degree of empathy toward individuals with serious mental
illness with the ability to connect with individuals of diverse
ethnic and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to work occasional early evening and/or weekend hours
which may be scheduled.
- Salary: $45,000 Salaried, Exempt
- Schedule: Monday -Friday 8:30am -4:30pmEXPECTATIONS REGARDING
QUALITY OF WORK:
- Ability to supervise a team of Family Support Partners to
ensure delivery of effective Family Support Partners services to
- Ability to articulate the experience and appropriate
perspective of a parent/caregiver of a child with complex needs and
provide support to other families with similar challenges.
- Ability to engage and collaborate with people from diverse
backgrounds, maintaining a nonjudgmental attitude towards youth,
families, and professionals.
- Ability to provide supervision and work as part of a
- Ability to review and approve documentation in timely
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to change, as well as respond
- Ability to follow the policies and procedures of PRS and client
agencies. If this sounds like a job for you, please complete an
application now! At PRS, we have been recognized as one of the 50
Best Nonprofits to Work for in the U.S. and we are growing! Our
vision is to change and save lives in our community by empowering
hope, safety, recovery, wellness, independence, and community
integration for adults living with behavioral health care
challenges."Changing Lives. Saving Lives."Equal Opportunity
Employer. Committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: PRS Inc., Washington DC , Family Peer Support Partner -Team Lead (FPSP), Other , Fairfax, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!