Client Services & Business Development Mgr.
Company: Interstate Moving Relocation Logistics
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionSUMMARYThe Client Services and Business
Development Manager will lead capture and opportunity pipeline
development activities for the company and provide full life cycle
management and support of the proposal response, in close
collaboration with moving, relocation and logistics business unit
leaders and their teams. This position is focused on driving growth
across our multiple lines of business and is responsible for
identifying and qualifying new business opportunities originating
from a variety of electronic RFP/bid/procurement opportunity
sources, participating in needs assessments, leading the creation
of solution recommendations and the development of oral and written
solution presentations, written proposal responses and other
business development collateral, as needed. The incumbent will lead
and/or participate in team selling presentations, and will play a
key role in achieving a common understanding of solutions to
complex problems among executive and senior-level decision-makers
with diverse viewpoints. The incumbent is also expected to assess
unusual situations for business development opportunities,
interpret data using statistical and visual modeling methods and
independently develop action plans for addressing these
opportunities. The ideal candidate is someone who is a
self-starter, intellectually curious, thrives under pressure and
enjoys a collaborative work environment. ESSENTIAL DUTIES &
- Manage the full life cycle of the proposal response process,
from identification and analysis of RFPs to final production and
submission of proposals.
- Research, query and continuously monitor industry publications,
electronic RFP/bid/procurement government and other commercial
opportunity sources, along with attending industry events as a
company representative, for identifying potential new business
development opportunities in moving, relocation and logistics.
- Form and manage proposal response teams, by meeting with
internal colleagues at all levels of the organization, and
assigning tasks and completion dates as necessary and appropriate.
The incumbent will schedule regular check-ins and provide relevant
coaching as needed.
- Review the work of cross-functional team members. on the
proposal team for accuracy, relevancy and completeness
- Assist the capture team with the identification and recruitment
of service providers and contractors required for a successful bid
- Lead and/or participate in, as necessary and appropriate,
team-selling presentations of proposal submissions to external
clients. The incumbent will play a key role in achieving a common
understanding of solutions to complex problems among executive and
senior-level decision-makers with diverse viewpoints.
- Register new business development opportunities in the
company's CRM database; monitor, note and report on wins, losses
and no-decisions using CRM reporting and analytics tools.
- Produce and present client management (e.g., client and/or
company activity) reports on a periodic basis, with an
interpretation of findings and recommendations for future
- Create, manage and maintain a companywide proposal library, to
include previous RFPs, RFP submissions and proposals.
- Collaborate on the development of engaging and informative
business development content, ensuring consistent tone, voice,
perspective and alignment with brand guidelines and standards.
- Perform market and competitive analyses in targeted
geographies/markets/industries to identify new business development
opportunities. The incumbent is expected to assess unusual
situations, interpret data using statistical and visual modeling
methods (e.g., regression analysis, flowcharts, diagrams, etc.) and
independently develop action plans for addressing these
- Support management initiatives and requests as needed.
- All other duties as assigned. SKILLS, ABILITIES,
- Exceptional people interaction skills and a "service" mentality
toward internal and external customers.
- Self-motivated and possess a thorough understanding of winning
- Possess excellent project management and time management
- Strong planning and organizational skills and the ability to
gather, organize, interpret and collate data from multiple
- Strong strategic thinking and sales skills are also critically
important, along with a keen eye for detail. SUPERVISORY
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills and motivate others to
work effectively in a dynamic, less structured, deadline-driven
environment that requires interaction with internal and external
stakeholders at all levels of an organization. QUALIFICATIONS To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience leading the development of marketing communications
material, proposals or grants.
- Proven strong project management, organizational and
- Experience performing market and competitive analyses, using
statistical and data analytics tools and best practices.
- Experience working in international/cross-cultural environment
- Business development experience (e.g., presenting proposals and
negotiating with existing and prospective clients).
- Confident and dynamic personality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail with respect to accuracy,
proofreading and accuracy.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to do what is necessary to
consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external contributors
and stakeholders of all levels in an organization.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Outlook), Adobe, sales force automation (MS CRM preferred).
- Ability to travel.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Bachelors or
other four-year degree; preferred degree in marketing, business
administration, communications or technical field required. Minimum
four to six years of marketing, business/capture development,
account management experience in B2B, B2G, and/or B2C (preference
to Transportation, Relocation, Logistics, Real Estate, industry
background).Ideal candidate may have possessed experience in
proposal or grant writing and advanced knowledge of the various
procedures and paperwork required for opportunity qualification,
contract negotiations and procurement. LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to
speak, read, write, and comprehend documents written in English to
an above average competency. Ability to support proposal writing,
reports generation, and general correspondence. Ability to
effectively present information to internal or external clients.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
in all units of measure at an Intermediate to Advanced level.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and
statistical inference. REASONING ABILITY Ability to solve practical
problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in
situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to
interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral,
diagram, or schedule form. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
None PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use
hands to finger and type. The employee needs to be able to hear
well enough to communicate both internally and externally. The
employee must be able to see well enough to read written items and
use a computer. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk,
and stoop. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach
with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or
move up to 25 pounds. WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.The working conditions are those of a normal office with
the absence of disagreeable elements.
Keywords: Interstate Moving Relocation Logistics, Washington DC , Client Services & Business Development Mgr., Other , Springfield, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!