Company: SJ Technologies Inc
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionImage Scientist (Mid)
Position Description: SJ is looking for an Image Specialist with a
working understanding and practical application of modeling
components of the image path to include sensor, detector,
atmospheric, and material properties. Imaging systems could include
panchromatic (pan), RADAR, LIDAR, OPIR, hyperspectral (HSI) and/or
multispectral (MSI) on board space or airborne platforms.
Familiarity with current GEOINT systems, products and development,
as well as the exploitation software packages will be necessary to
develop test and verification methodologies.
It's an exciting time at SJ Technologies. We are growing rapidly
- and we were voted one of Inc. Magazine's Best Workplaces for
2021. Enjoy a generous benefits package that includes an employee
retirement plan with employer match, 11 paid holidays, PTO, dental,
vision, life insurance and more.
- Bachelor or advanced degree in Image Science, Optics,
Engineering, or Applied Physics
- 5-10 years of experience working with electrical-optical,
RADAR, LIDAR, hyperspectral and/or multispectral imaging
- Image processing and digital signal processing experience
- Image chain analysis to include atmospheric modeling, signal
quality and noise, optics, detector calibration, and image
processing of pixel data
- Applied knowledge of sensor imaging systems, products, and
- Understanding of data processing and statistics
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with emphasis on
briefing to obtain decisions and solve technical issues and test
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a
dynamic work environment
- Track record of delivering resultsPreferred Skillset:
- Knowledge of National System for Geospatial-Intelligence (NSG)
tasking, collection, processing, exploitation and dissemination
(TCPED) image chain
- Understanding and application of image quality standards (e.g.
NIIRS), scales, metrics and image quality equations.
- Experience working in a DoD or IC operational environment
- Experience developing engineering code (C, Python, Matlab, IDL)
to solve hard problems and create processes for repeatable
SJ Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed
to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions
without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age,
veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Keywords: SJ Technologies Inc, Washington DC , Image Scientist, Other , Springfield, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!