Sr. Campaigns Strategist - Rights Restoration
Company: Advancement Project
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: Who we are:Situated at the forefront of
the national stage in the racial justice movement, Advancement
Project National Office is a cutting edge, no-holds-barred national
nonprofit whose team members are dedicated to creating free and
safe communities for people of color. From ending the
school-to-prison pipeline, to the fight to expand the right to
vote, from calling for a complete overhaul of how we view the
police and carceral state, to fighting for immigrant justice,
Advancement Project National Office team members impact real change
from the ground up. This moment demands alignment, sharp strategic
thinking and creativity to imagine a more just world in which
racism no longer exists and all people of color can be free and
safe – and we are excited to bring on new talent to change our
world. Position Overview: We are seeking a passionate senior
campaigns strategy associate with coalition experience to join our
Campaign Strategy Team to support our Power & Democracy Program,
specifically our rights restoration work. This work will support
local and statewide campaigns as well as create a network of these
organizations so they may build locally and nationally. This
proactive person will assist with implementing and carrying out
activities related to the strategic plan of the team and work
closely with the Power and Democracy staff to develop materials for
trainings. This position reports to the Managing Director of
Campaigns Strategy and will be part of our bargaining unit with
compensation determined by the bargaining unit's compensation
What you'll do:
- Lead the development of Advancement Project's National Rights
Restoration Campaign – including building a collective vision for
the work ahead with the advisory committee, mobilizing and
connecting local campaigns for strategy exchange, organizing and
hosting national campaign meetings and webinars, and planning and
executing campaign gatherings.
- Assist with implementing and carrying out activities related to
the strategic plan of the Campaign Strategy Team.
- Work closely with the Power and Democracy staff to develop
materials for trainings.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with community
- Develop alliances in support of local, state, and
- Support leadership development of partner volunteers.
- Support and build capacity and skills of state and community
organizations through partnership, trainings, materials, and
- Work with partners to educate community members on their
- Use digital tools to engage new volunteers and highlight our
work on the ground.
- Plan and execute outreach, recruitment, and
relationship-building with and among a diverse set of racial
justice grassroots organizations.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with grassroots racial
justice movement groups and maintain a keen understanding of issues
facing communities of color across races, ethnicities and
- In consultation with the Managing Director of Campaign
Strategy, develop and implement a work plan with benchmarks and
tangible goals, and manage project budget.
- Collaborate with Campaigns Team, the Executive Director and
other staff to organize multiple convenings.
- Work with Campaigns Team on other programmatic work, providing
strategy /organizing support and/or trainings as needed.
- Other related duties, as assigned What you need to be
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 5 years of organizing experience is required.
- Coalition experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to racial justice.
- Ability to travel locally, regionally, and nationally, as
- Ability to occasionally work evenings and weekends.With 5 years
of relevant experience, this position pays a minimum of $82,417.26
and a maximum of $98,921.77 per our compensation structure
Keywords: Advancement Project, Washington DC , Sr. Campaigns Strategist - Rights Restoration, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!