Remote Certified Tumor Registrar, Part Time
Company: Duly Health and Care
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Good enough isn't for us. Duly Health and Care's team members
show up every day driven to exceed expectations. We challenge
assumptions and invite dissent to accomplish bold goals and unleash
the most extraordinary work of your career. We see and support the
remarkable in every person within and beyond the walls of our work.
Duly Health and Care works to understand what matters most to you.
We recruit and retain team members who share a relentless passion
and pride for helping others live happier and healthier lives. We
invest in helping our team members develop their talents in a way
that is rich in personal meaning. We invite you to join us, fulfill
your purpose and make your mark!
Are you ready to challenge the expected to deliver the
extraordinary? Reporting to the coordinator of Cancer Registry with
accountability to the team, performs all functions within the
Cancer Registry including abstracting and follow-up activities
necessary to maintain an accredited Free-standing Integrated
Oncology Program as required by the American College of Surgeons;
Commission on Cancer. The candidate will serve as primary case
abstractor with proven ability to meet productivity standards and
97% accuracy rate. Case abstraction is performed in full compliance
with CoC standards -STORE(FORDs) current version and ISCR
guideline. Secondary duties include but not limited to: Assist in
responding to data requests and assists in cancer conference weekly
meetings. Detail oriented and organized. Willing to learn and
accept mistakes. Improve on identified opportunities.The Journeys
and Adventures that Await:
- Will consider candidates interested in working part time - at
least 20 hours/week minimum.
- Familiar with electronic medical record and information
- EMR Navigation and information retrieval methods
- Proficient computer knowledge including experience with data
- Technology literate and comfortable working with different
- Demonstrate understanding of recognized quality measure of
selected cancer sites
- Maintains standardized abstract format with high quality data
- Adheres to accrediting body guidelines for coding treatment
- Complete abstracts with the most current applicable rules: CS
manual, MP&H, Hematopoietic DB and the use of SEER RX
- Practical knowledge of clinical staging documentation.
- Trained user of registry software, (METRIQ preferred)
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Key Competencies
- Customer Service -- interacts positively with all customers and
takes immediate action to meet customer needs.
- Interpersonal/Communication/Relationships -- builds effective
working relationships and treats others with respect.
- Information Management -- accesses, uses and presents
information as relevant to position; demonstrates knowledge of
HIPAA privacy and security rules and uses medical information as
appropriate to position.
- Makes decisions that consider the impact on other areas of the
- Initiates collaboration with others outside of department as
- Demonstrates commitment to the principles and ethics of the
- Facilitates and supports change within BoncuraThe Experiences
- Associate degree in Health care background and CTR
- RHIT (Registered Health Information Technician) preferred. RHIT
or RHIA registration
- At minimum must have Associate degree preferably in health
- RHIT credential highly desired.
- At least 2 years of working experience in health-care
- Must be computer literate, proficient in MS office suite
- Working experience of Electronic Medical Record; Epic,
Allscripts, McKesson and/or Cerner
- Self-motivated and willing to adapt changes within the
department/organizational and regulatory environment INDLP
Keywords: Duly Health and Care, Washington DC , Remote Certified Tumor Registrar, Part Time, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!