Company: American Geophysical Union
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Title:-- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- - Solutions
Position Type:-- - Full-Time
Location:-- - -- - -- - -- - -- - -- -US-Remote
What we do and offer our team
AGU is a global community of 130,000 Earth and space scientists,
advocates and experts. As the Solutions Architect, you will be part
of a dynamic association that digitally publishes peer-reviewed
journals and scientific books and convenes the largest physical and
virtual Earth and space science meeting in the world. Through our
initiatives, such as mentoring, professional development and
awards, AGU upholds and fosters an inclusive and diverse scientific
AGU offers our employees great benefits, including flexible work
schedules, retirement savings options, as well as health, dental,
life and disability insurance. AGU also provides exciting
opportunities for professional development and tuition support.
AGU-- - -s Workplace Values
We believe in accountability and ownership of work, by taking
responsibility for decisions and results. We believe in member and
customer service, and that they come first through providing high
We believe in excellence and giving it our all, through striving to
be outstanding. We believe in integrity by doing the right thing,
we achieve this by being honest and fair.
Our teams believe that with teamwork together we achieve more, we
achieve this through collaboration. We believe in respect, that you
earn it and give it, by open communication and collaboration.
What the Solutions Architect does
The Solutions Architect serves to design and create digital
interfaces between AGU and external partners, implementing the
organization-- - -s goals to bridge discovery and solutions science
by being more collaborative, in order to contribute to a better
future for people and the planet.
The Solutions Architect will work with the Director, Business Data
& Intelligence, the Director, Digital Products, the Digital
Innovation team, outside developers and other AGU staff to analyze
and administer existing digital interfaces, understand partnership
goals and design new APIs and interfaces that deliver upon these
This position reports to the Chief Digital Officer (CDO).
-- --- -
- Supports existing data interfaces between AGU and its partners,
inclusive of relationships that further AGU-- - -s publishing and
meetings goals, as well as other programs that are data intensive
and require an ecosystem of digital interactions to accomplish
- Makes recommendations for improvements to those interfaces and
- Develops testing strategies & automation to ensure expected
function of APIs.
- Identifies needs for APIs and designs those that can scale to
support future growth, provide security and make their purpose
clear to potential users.
- Creates consistency across the API portfolio with secure and
- Maintains the health of the API portfolio by monitoring its
utilization, errors and adherence to its own specification and
- Creates and maintains a technology roadmap for future APIs,
setting best practices, standards and metrics for use.
- Collaborates with development teams to set technical direction
and approach for API design and implementation.
- Advocates for the utilization of the APIs to drive business
value and outcomes by serving as an advocate, a trainer, and an
evangelist for the seamless interchange of data across AGU
- Other duties as assigned.
What the-- - Solutions Architect brings to the team
- 5+ years of software development experience focusing on
developing and supporting APIs with a Bachelor-- - -s Degree in
Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Sciences and/or
Technology; or equivalent combination of education and
- Experience with data formats such as JSON & XML, software
models such as microservices, RESTful techniques and CI/CD
- Experience architecting API portfolios.
- Ability to translate technical information to non-technical
terms, both verbally and in written format.
- Strong customer service orientation, problem management, user
requirements analysis and process, and diagnostic questioning
- Patience and diplomacy when dealing with customers, both
internal and external is required.
- High degree of professionalism and accuracy.
- Working knowledge of programming languages such as perl and
Python; database programming and RDBMS such as MySQL, SQL Server
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with tight
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with staff,
co-workers, members, and vendors.
- Demonstrated discretion on confidential matters.
- Ability to travel.
For consideration, please submit your cover letter and resume to --
--- - -- -
The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a
pre-employment background check.-- -
AGU proudly offers a casual work environment, excellent
compensation, generous work-life opportunities, and an outstanding
AGU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are
encouraged to apply.
-- -PandoLogic. Keywords: Enterprise Architect, Location:
Washington, DC - 20009
Keywords: American Geophysical Union, Washington DC , Solutions Architect, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!