Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Communications Specialist assists ICBAs Communications team as
it develops and implements media relations strategy that serve the
organizations mission of creating and promoting an environment
where community banks flourish.
The incumbent is a self-starter, is eager and curious, and loves
collecting and analyzing data to improve performance and drive
optimal outcomes. The individual will also have responsibility for
coordinating the media relations needs of the department to help
ICBA and the nations community banks tell their positive story. A
strong writer and editor, the Communications Specialist assists the
team with establishing and growing reporter relationships,
proactively pitching media, analyzing the organizations media
performance and effectiveness, as well as drafting and editing
communications materials and assisting with other relevant
- Manages incoming media inquiries and helps coordinate
interviews with appropriate ICBA staff experts.
- Assists with reporter follow up and identifies relevant data
and information to further demonstrate ICBAs position and
- Conceptualizes effective media pitches and follows up with
- Curates and distributes ICBA media mentions.
- Leads weekly/monthly data analysis reporting to showcase media
effectiveness and inform the broader team as they work to drive
successful communications strategy.
- Stays on top of relevant news and media outlets to identify
media opportunities for ICBA and community banks.
- Utilizes Cision and other technology to optimize media
relations function by creating targeted lists, sending press
releases and tracking ICBA media effectiveness and trending
- Identifies media influencers and reports on results to help
ICBAs highly successful media relations team better target their
- Writes and edits communications materials including but not
limited to press releases, op-eds, media pitches, bios,
boilerplates, scripts and blogs, along with news stories for ICBA
newsletters and publications.
- Assists with ICBA social media execution, planning of press
events and opportunities, along with associated communications
- Serves as a writer for ICBA NewsWatch Today. Assists in daily
proofing and posting of the publication.
- Reviews ICBA press pages (ICBA newsroom, About ICBA/Community
Bank Facts, clips and bios webpages, ICBA intranet) and all
ICBA-associated boilerplates for accuracy, relevancy and
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelors degree preferred (journalism, communications, other
related concentrations a plus) and 2+ years of communications
- A critical thinker with ability to dig into data and analyze
- Excellent writing, editing and time-management skills.
- Strong judgement in decision making.
- Superb project management skills.
- Strong communications and relationship building skills with the
ability to think proactively to best engage and fully cultivate
relationships with members of the media and across the
- Creative and strategic thinker with the ability to build a
storyline that is both informative and engaging.
- Proficiency with Cision, social media monitoring platforms is a
- Detail-oriented with ability to prioritize and multitask in a
fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines.
- Self-starter with the ability to conceptualize, develop and
deploy professional communications that are in alignment with the
- Works well independently and as a member of a team.
- Strong copyediting skills and proficient in applying Associated
- Experience writing for publications (on or offline).
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Icba, Washington DC , Communications Specialist, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!