Facilities Supervisor, CoStar- Washington, D.C.
Company: Costar Group
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Facilities Supervisor - Washington, DC
The Facilities Supervisor, based in Washington, DC, is responsible
for creating an exceptional working environment for 600+ staff in
the DC office, supporting the operational needs of 50+ offices
serving 4,000 US based employees, and ensuring our regional offices
allow for an efficient, safe and outstanding work environment. We
are looking for an energetic candidate who will lead the offices
workplace solutions and is equipped to work effectively with many
different teams of people including senior management.
Moreover, the Facilities Supervisor needs to be able to attend to
multiple concerns and manage outside vendors and contractors,
requiring good organizational ability and prioritization
- Responsible for day-to-day office management of the Washington,
DC and smaller satellite offices.
- Participate in the leadership of the facility departments
across the region by assisting in the creation of SOPs,
supervising, mentoring and supporting the team.
- Assist in managing the relationship with landlords and
outsourced real estate service providers to ensure compliance with
agreements, adherence to policies and standards and maximization of
cost savings opportunities.
- Demonstrated operational success in managing maintenance
operations and vendor services.
- Oversee purchasing and monitor costs and expenses against
- Oversee, review, improve, and implement plans and procedures
for facility operations and maintenance, preventative maintenance,
and renovation projects, as needed.
- Coordinate all in-office functions, such as office management,
space planning, seating chart, shipping/receiving mail, and
- Contribute to sustainability efforts: implement measures to
reduce energy use and waste, ensuring operations are as green and
sustainable as possible.
- Develop and maintain security and fire protection protocols
that reflect current standards and best practices, including
evacuation plans, security operation manuals, accident and incident
reports, fire and natural disaster plans, and related
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Ensure Business Continuity Procedures are actioned, and
reasonable security measures exist.
- Responsible for managing office services by ensuring office
operations and procedures are organized, correspondences are
controlled, supply requisitions are reviewed and approved.
- Manage day-to-day Integrated Work Management/Experience System
- Ensure office efficiency is maintained by carrying out planning
and execution of equipment procurement, layouts, and office
- Bachelors Degree in business/facilities administration or a
- 5-8 years of facilities management
- 2+ years experience in a supervisory or management
- Ability to travel 10-20% of the year
- Intimate familiarity with office management, IT, and security
- Expertise with facilities operations, project planning, space
planning, and management.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as
high attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Aptitude for collaboration and leadership.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite including Excel,
PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
Overview Of Company
Founded in 1987, CoStar Group is the leading provider of commercial
real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Our
suite of online services enables clients to analyze, interpret and
gain unmatched insight on commercial property values, market
conditions and current availability. Behind some of the most
well-known brands in the industry, CoStar Group includes CoStar,
the largest provider of CRE research and real-time data; LoopNet,
the most heavily trafficked mobile and online real estate
marketplace; Apartments.com, the premier rental home resource for
renters, property managers and owners; STR, the leading provider of
performance benchmarking and comparative analytics to the hotel
industry; BizBuySell, the largest online marketplace for
businesses-for-sales; and Lands of America, the leading operator of
online marketplaces for rural real estate.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, CoStar Group maintains offices
throughout the U.S. and in Europe, Canada, and Asia with a staff of
over 4,300 worldwide.
Whats In It For You
Working at CoStar Group means you'll enjoy a culture of
collaboration and innovation that attracts the best and brightest
across a broad range of disciplines. In addition to generous
compensation and performance-based incentives, you'll be supported
in both your professional and academic growth with internal
training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange
Our Benefits Package Includes (but Is Not Limited To)
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental /
- Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
- Commuter and parking benefits
- 401(K) retirement plan with matching contributions
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site fitness center and/or reimbursed fitness center
membership costs (location dependent), with yoga studio, Pelotons,
personal training, group exercise classes, as well as Segways and
bikes available for use during the day
- Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, prepared
foods, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to
learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don't just take
our word for it -- see why our team chose to work at and stay at
CoStar Group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVbJRnJ2sX0
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to
work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note
that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we
maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance
Keywords: Costar Group, Washington DC , Facilities Supervisor, CoStar- Washington, D.C., Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!