Company: Allan Myers
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Responsibilities -Responsible for safe, profitable and efficient
operations on all assigned projects. Completes projects within
budget and schedule approved by the owner or representative.
Conducts all work in accordance with Allan Myers policies,
procedures and programs.Allan Myers Core Values
- Communicates models and continuously reinforces AM culture and
leadership practices with direct reports, including AM Values,
Safety, Delay Free Production, Ethics Policy and the Collaborative
Way.Technical: - Means/Methods
- Gains complete understanding of plan details and specifications
of the project assigned including estimate, man-hour budget and
production rates; communicates plan details to the Project
- Develops a master plan of operation, coordinates the plan with
the Project Manager prior to starting work and effectively
communicates the plan to appropriate personnel.
- Participates in the preparation and communication of
construction execution plan, progress schedules and projection of
labor and equipment requirements.
- May participate in the pre-construction and post-construction
meeting with the owner or the owner representative and/or
appropriate government regulatory agencies.
- Manages suppliers and subcontractors in conjunction with the
Project Manager to ensure safety, profit, scheduling and customer
- Develops delay free work operations.
- Plans and organizes work to maximize potential crew
productivity by employing delay free production; maximizes
equipment utilization levels by ensuring availability and operator
effectiveness. Coordinates with operations on the project needs for
equipment and labor. -Technical: - Delay Free Production/Quality
- Responsible for day-to-day quality control of both
company-performed and subcontractor work. Identifies and corrects
non-conforming work in an efficient and competent manner.
- Ensures that all work performed and products/materials used
meet the AI standard of workmanship and comply with contractual
standards and specifications.Safety
- Implements and monitors the AI Safety Program including the
coordination of project activities to ensure compliance with all
government regulatory guidelines and agencies. Directly responsible
for subcontractor compliance with the AI Safety Program.Pre-Bid
- Assists estimating in the bidding process.Pre-Construction
- Assists the Project Manager in the pre-construction planning
process. Reviews the project specifications for potential
hazards.Construction Phase -
- Reviews safety issues discussed at pre-construction meeting
with Field Manager. Promotes and enforces corporate safety program
with field personnel and subcontractors and reviews safety plans
for scheduled work. Communicates safety expectations with Field
Managers, including documentation, safety violations, accidents and
preventative measures. -Leadership/Supervisory/Management
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project
and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel to
- Monitors, directs and coordinates activities of project
personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within
- Coordinates and collaborates with other Superintendents and the
customer to implement successful project plans.
- Supervises, maintains communication and mentors/coaches Field
Managers. Assists Field Managers in the management process of
crews. May involve Field Managers in developmental activities such
as the in-house pre-construction planning process and development
of the project schedule.
- Encourages and promotes teamwork, motivation, people
development, the Collaborative Way and retention within Project
- Communicates, follows and enforces Human Resources,
Equipment/Dispatch and Project Management Foundation Manual
policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates AI Leadership qualities. Is Proactive,
Accountable, Discerning, Innovative, Collaborative, Integrity
Based, Successful and Balanced. Is an Influencer, Continual
Learner, Teacher/Coach and Agent of Change. -Administrative: -
- Builds project in accordance with all plans and specifications;
ensures compliance with all building codes and local ordinances.
May require permit verification and documents inspections in
accordance with company and regulatory guidelines.
- Understands and is fully knowledgeable of project contract
documents, plans, specifications, subcontracts, purchase orders,
shop drawings and all other documents related to the project.
- Inspects job site and documents for any preexisting conditions.
Ensures and verifies accurate layout.
- Maintains professional relationships with owner, engineer and
other members of the construction team.
- Ensures appropriate parties are informed of major changes in
the construction plan or reallocation of resources.
- Identifies, measures and reports work changes as they pertain
to the contract document to Project Manager. Participates in
pricing any changed or additional work.
- Works with Project Managers and other company representatives
to develop job schedule that is consistent with company's
responsibilities and commitments.
- Reviews schedule during project to ensure deadlines are met;
notifies appropriate parties of all delays or potential delays and
completes necessary documentation.
- Preplans and communicates project activities using short
interval schedules as required. Attends pre-construction and
construction meetings as necessary. Constantly verifies material
and resource delivery requirements and ensures adequate flow as to
not impede work progress.
- Identifies potential and actual work delays and
develops/implements recovery plan; delivers project on
- Interprets and monitors crew cost reports and crew cost
factors; reviews job costs with Project Manager and Field Managers;
may attend monthly job cost meetings.
- Administers timely and accurate paperwork/documentation for
project activities to include change orders, T & M, purchase orders
and payroll.Supervisory Responsibilities: -Supervises Field
Managers, including Surveyors. Directs the activities of
subcontractors and other suppliers. May supervise Field Engineers.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required (equivalent
work experience will be considered)
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management
or related field preferred (continuing education in construction
- Minimum 2 years of construction experience
- Experience in multiple trade disciplines preferred
- OSHA 30 hour certification required (those not having this
credential must certify or be enrolled in a certification course
within 6 months of hire/promotion)
- Valid driver's license requiredCOMPETENCIES:Technical: change
order management, delay free production, labor and equipment
reporting, operations means and methods, planning and scheduling,
preconstruction planning, quality control/assurance, safety
policies and procedures, safe work procedures.Business:
relationship management.Leadership/Management: accountability,
change management, coaching/mentoring, corporate policies, decision
making, leadership, people development, progress reporting,
supervisory, training/teaching.Personal Attributes/Skills: business
ethics/integrity, conflict resolution, diversity,
influence/persuasion, listening skills, negotiating, oral
communications, problem solving, time management, written
communications.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:Regularly requires the ability to
sit, use hands/fingers, reach, talk or hear. Frequently requires
the ability to stand, walk, taste or smell. Occasionally requires
the ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel or crouch. Occasionally
requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Requires the following
specific types of vision: close, distance, color, peripheral, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.WORK ENVIRONMENT:Exposure to
the following environmental conditions: moving mechanical parts,
high/precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic/caustic
chemicals, outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock,
work with explosives and vibration. Subject to loud noise levels
due to equipment operation.TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:Position requires
extensive travel to and from field sites to monitor status of
projects. Overview Our Company Does Work That MattersAllan Myers is
the largest heavy civil construction and materials production
contractor in the mid-Atlantic. We build infrastructure: the
highways and bridges that connect cities and towns, the public
water and wastewater systems that provide clean water to your home
and keep our streams clean. We take pride in meeting the highest
quality standards because it ensures our work will have a
long-lasting positive impact on the community.Our Family is Strong
and GrowingWe employ more than 2,100 men and women. Our reputation
for "Better, Faster, Safe" performance continues to bring us
tremendous success. To keep up with rising demand for our products
and services, we need to hire many more hard-working, ambitious
people to fill hourly and salaried positions. Join our elite team,
learn and grow with us, and we will provide a pathway to the
American Dream for you and your family.Your Future is a Career Not
a Job As a family-owned company, we attract the best workers in the
industry because we treat every person as a family member. That
means we practice care and concern for one another's safety and
well-being. We pay well and provide generous benefits. We offer
extensive training and promote from within. If you have the drive,
we will help you build a career in the thriving construction
industry and reach your full potential.Allan Myers is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: Allan Myers, Washington DC , Assistant Superintendent, Other , Fairfax, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!