Company: Inova Health System
Location: Falls Church
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Provides clinical services according to MRI practice standards and
acts as a resource to MRI students and other technologists, to
ensure optimal department functions. Administers sound patient care
practices according to department and hospital policies and
procedures, to ensure the safety of the patient. Demonstrates
magnetic safety for patients, staff and self as outlined in
department protocols and regulatory guidelines. Maintains
equipment, exam rooms and work areas in a neat and safe condition,
to ensure the safety of the patients and employees. Completes
ancillary taskS to ensure efficient and consistent departmental
- Communicates effectively with patient to obtain clinical
history/informed consent from patient or patient's chart to assist
the physician in optimizing the performance and interpretation of
the examination, as evidenced by the exam results.
- Explains procedure to patients/families and answers any
questions to ease anxiety and ensure patient cooperation, as
evidence by customer satisfaction.
- Assists the physician in performing a variety of examinations
using standard department protocols, isolation precautions and/or
sterile technique, as evidenced by physician's satisfaction.
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize clinical and/or emergent
problems that may interfere wth exams and take appropriate actioin
to resolve them and produce the most desirable outsome, as evidence
by exam results and patient satisfaction.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of IV's, heparin locks
and central line usage as they pertain to MRI, as evidenced by
supervisor and peer observation.
- Identifies correctly, patients and their files ensuring a high
degree of accuracy, as evidenced by the lack of mislabeled films,
images, files and EMR patient charts. Tracks patients according to
- Identifies errors and take immediate action for corrections, as
evidenced by the EMR, PACS amd Radiology Information Systems
- Participates in department/hospital performance improvement
initiatives, in-services and meetings, as evidenced by attendance
- Conducts regular inspections of all coil and scanning
accessories, as evidenced by service reports.
- Demonstrates patient safety in department by use of side rails,
braking mechanisms and patient monitoring, as demonstrated by risk
management reports. Reports, documents and corrects any adverse,
unsafe or unusual conditions, as evidenced by the patient/employee
incidence reports or department specific log book.
- Performs/recognizes need for routine maintenance of
imagers/processors to maintain consistent quality images, as
evidenced by the physician and the exam results. Maintains an
orderly, safe and clean environment.
- Ensures rooms are stocked with appropriate supplies and has
required supplies readily available for procedures, as evidenced by
- Operates imaging and other related equipment according to
manufacturer's specifications, as evidenced by exam results.
Troubleshoots equipment effectively and reports equipment to
biomedical engineering/vendor, as evidenced by service
- Provides clinical services according to MRI practice standards
and acts as a resource to MRI students and other technologists, to
ensure optimal department functions. Demonstrates a thorough
understanding of magnetic resonance principles and theory, anatomy
and pathology processes utilizing the most appropriate technique
and/or positioning for optimal examinations, as demonstrated by
exam results. Adheres to department policies and protocols ensuring
all examinations are optimized for interpretation, as demonstrated
by exam results.
- Demonstrates the ability and skills to assist in teaching
radiography students sound radiography principles as required by
Inova, and evidenced by student pass rate.
- Demonstrates proficiency in starting IV's for contrast
injections, as evidenced by observations by supervisor and peers.
Demonstrates proper technique for injection of IV contrast under
the American College of Radiology (ACR) guidelines. Performs Point
of Care Whole Blood Creatnine testing per department
- Work schedule: PRN schedule. Days and Hours will vary, Holidays
required, No On-Call shifts
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school of radiography or
MRI certification from ARMRIT or CAMRT, or graduate of an
accredited school of nuclear medicine with MRI training (must be
MRI Registry eligible through ARRT)
- Experience: 1 year experience as a Diagnostic Radiologic
Technologist and/or MRI Technologist in a hospital/healthcare
- Certification: ARRT registered in radiography with additional
ARRT, ARMRIT or CAMRT certification, Must obtain MRI certification
with one year of hire; BLS from the AHA
Inova is Northern Virginia's leading nonprofit healthcare provider.
Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare - every time,
every touch - to each person in every community we have the
privilege to serve. Inova's 18,000 team members serve more than 2
million individuals annually through an integrated network of
hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and
urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination
Safety Always: Learn how we keep our team members and patients
Keywords: Inova Health System, Washington DC , MRI Technologist, Other , Falls Church, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!