Associate Scientist, Cell Line Development
Company: Medical Science & Computing (MSC), a Dovel company
Posted on: November 22, 2021
We are currently searching for an Associate Scientist, Cell Line
Development to provide support to the National Institutes of Health
(NIH). This opportunity is a full-time position with MSC, and it is
on-site in Gaithersburg, MD. Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the Cell Line Development team's production of
reagent-grade antibodies and other recombinant proteins
- Culture, transfection, and selection of mammalian cells
- Transient protein production o Stable pool generation and
evaluation in fed-batch production
- Support the Cell Line Development team's plasmid DNA supply
- Plasmid cloning and scale-up by PCR, restriction digest, and
- Maintenance of plasmid database and coordination of receipt,
ordering, and requests for plasmids
- Generation of plasmid maps and confirmation of sequences
- Provide general laboratory support of the Cell Line Development
- Preparation of medium, feeds, and reagents
- Laboratory cleaning and biohazard waste removal
- Maintenance of laboratory instrumentation and ordering of
- Writing and reviewing standard operating procedure Requirements
- B.S. in Biological Sciences with a minimum of two (2) years of
relevant work experience or M.S. in Biological Sciences with
independent research experience in an academic or industrial
setting. Advanced degree holders will not be considered.
- Hands-on experience with aseptic technique and mammalian cell
culture is required
- Familiarity with molecular cloning methods, PCR, and agarose
gel electrophoresis as well as supporting software for generation
and editing of plasmid maps is required.
- Experience with inventory management and organization is
- Experience in writing protocols and preparing data
presentations is required.
- Ability to work independently to execute defined experiments
and troubleshoot issues as needed to meet project timelines.
- Ability to effectively communicate with other team members in
oral and written forms. #LI-AA1
- Due to our contractual requirements and federal orders,
including an Executive Order from the White House and an emergency
regulation from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS),
the position for which you are applying requires that you provide
proof of your vaccination status. If you are unable to receive the
COVID-19 vaccine for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held
religious belief, you may request an exemption from the vaccination
requirement which shall be reviewed after the submission of
requested documentation. If an accommodation is granted, the
conditions may include weekly testing and masking. All Guidehouse
employees also agree to follow any additional health and safety
mitigation policies that may be required in the workplace. Company
Description We are a trusted government partner that blends deep
domain expertise with advanced technologies to help our customers
solve complex problems that improve, protect, and save lives. As a
rapidly growing company, we combine entrepreneurial spirit,
customer focus, and an outcomes-based approach to support agency
missions in health IT, life sciences, public safety, and grants
management. The Dovel Family of Companies offers employees an
opportunity to advance beyond a specific role or contract, we offer
a path to develop an enriching career. We believe in empowering a
culture of innovation, customer success, and employee growth. What
- Time Off! Flexible schedules and company paid holidays allow
you to take the time you need.
- Investment in YOU! 401(K) company contributions are yours to
keep with no waiting period.
- Choices! Unique healthcare plans to choose from with options
like fertility and orthodontia benefits.
- Discovery! With our tuition assistance and training programs,
we support your career advancement.
- Tax Savings! Enroll in pre-tax Health or Dependent Care
Flexible Spending, HSA with company contributions, parking, and/or
transit commuter benefits.
- Support! Working parents and busy professionals - we've got you
covered with a supportive culture, confidential Employee Assistance
Program and a membership to Care.com.
- Perks! Employee discounts, peer recognition programs,
company-wide wellness challenges, and fun community events.
- A Voice! A unique culture where you can influence decisions and
have your voice heard. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a
commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal
characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, or veteran status.
Keywords: Medical Science & Computing (MSC), a Dovel company, Washington DC , Associate Scientist, Cell Line Development, Other , Gaithersburg, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!