Concrete Delivery Professional (Southern Maryland and Prince Georges County)
Company: Chaney Enterprises Lp
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Summary/Objective:The Concrete Delivery Professional delivers
quality ready-mix concrete in a timely and professional manner,
while ensuring the safe and technically proficient operation of the
- Deliver ready-mix concrete in a concrete mixer to a customer
job site in a safe and timely manner. This involves loading the
truck by pulling in or backing under the concrete plant, charging
the drum, filling the water tank, obtaining the proper ticket and
directions, adding required admixtures, and obtaining any other
required supplemental products such as calcium and fiber mesh.
- Follow procedures and recognize problems that should be fixed
at the plant prior to driving to the job site.
- Perform all pre and post-trip inspections and complete daily
- Always get out and inspect job site before entering. Safely
maneuver truck and pour concrete at the customers job site. Contact
Customer Service/Dispatch when problems arise to resolve.
- Mix the concrete to the required slump and consistency while on
the customer site and properly add any admixtures, water, etc. as
- Identify problems with concrete quality, customers use, etc.
Contact Customer Service/Dispatch when problems arise to
- Wash out chutes only in an environmentally approved area
designated by customer. If no such site is available, wash out into
a bucket and discharge at the plant.
- Ensure that the customer understands all forms to be signed and
make sure to receive the proper signature from the customer on the
delivery ticket and any other pertinent release forms, including
receipt of concrete, COD charges, additions requested, etc.
- Receive the correct amount of COD money from customer then
obtain proper signature. Turn in the money to the proper person
upon return to the plant.
- Utilize iPad and radio to relay messages to Dispatch and access
tickets. Keep Customer Service/Dispatch informed of all relevant
information and problems.
- Clean all equipment at the end of the day including the drum,
cab, windows, rotors, and axles; wash the outside of the hopper and
chute every load; and wash inside the drum when necessary.
- Follow all environmental regulations and clean up any excess
material that could cause environmental problems.
- Operate vehicles and equipment in a safe manner. Follow proper
procedures and complete required documentation if an accident or
injury occurs. Notify Manager, Customer Service/Dispatch or Safety
Department as required.
- Understand and comply with all safety rules set forth by the
company and governmental regulatory agencies (FMCSR, DOT, etc.).
Notify Manager and the Safety Department immediately of any
potential or current safety problems.
- Wear required PPE.
- Complete minor vehicle maintenance, such as chipping concrete
(exterior) and adding oil.
- Other duties as assigned.Non-Essential Functions:
- Perform miscellaneous duties and outside labor as requested by
the Manager, which may include, but not limited to, cleaning up
around the plant, sweeping, shoveling, moving wheelbarrows, picking
up equipment or supplies.
- Assist as needed in the training process with new hires.
- Operate loader as needed (if qualified).
- Assist with the clean-up of concrete and material spills.
- Fill in for colleagues (at other locations) as needed.
- Volunteer and participate in company events.JOB
- Work time will be outdoors/field.
- Exposure to dust and fumes/offensive smells in the field.
- Exposure to chemicals such as concrete, chemical admixtures,
truck cleaner, fuel, grease and oil.
- Close proximity to moving mechanical parts.
- Noise level will be loud.Physical Demands:
- Lift a maximum weight of 100 lbs., repetitively lift 50 lbs.,
carry approximately 50 lbs., and push/pull 50 lbs., and pinch/grip
approximately 25 lbs.
- Reach overhead and reach away from the body.
- Sit 4 hours per day, stand 2 hours per day, walk 3 hours per
day, and kneel, squat, and climb the other 1 hour per day.
- Climb repetitively in and out of the truck and climb up
- Experience and/or formal training operating a CDL vehicle
- Experience operating a front-end loader or other heavy
equipment preferred.Special Skills:
- Written communication, verbal communication, and basic
- Basic computer knowledge. Ability to learn and use the company
dispatch system, iPad, Google Maps and company software
- Excellent interpersonal skills.Certifications:
- Valid CDL Class B License with Airbrakes with a clean driving
- Valid DOT physical and certification.
- NRMCA CDP Certification (must obtain within 1 year of assuming
- Smith Driving System (must obtain within 1 year of assuming
- CPR/First Aid (preferred).Industry Related Experience or
- Experience in or knowledge of the concrete industry
(preferred).Education Required: High SchoolPreferred Education:
N/ABilingual in Spanish Preferred: Yes
Keywords: Chaney Enterprises Lp, Washington DC , Concrete Delivery Professional (Southern Maryland and Prince Georges County), Other , Waldorf, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!