Director,Azure Data Architecture & Analytics
Company: CGI Group, Inc.
Posted on: October 14, 2021
Director,Azure Data Architecture & Analytics
Seeking a senior technical big data architect to set product
strategy and vision or incorporating analytics across products in
multiple domains such as finance and healthcare. The candidate will
be responsible for innovation, performance improvement; bring value
add and market understanding to the product roadmap. He/She will
lead the technical product architecture & design and collaborate
with cross functional and technical teams to offer data driven
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Work with executive leadership and product stakeholders to
understand client needs, industry trends, help design operational
and strategic solutions, assist in the development process and
assume lead on data and analytics-focused initiatives and
• Be a thought leader in devising the product features, addressing
gaps and recommending appropriate tools
• Lead and build advanced analytic platforms across proprietary
product lines spanning multiple industry domains.
• Create/propose the right marketing mix recommendations for
• Lead and manage analytic resources to adhere to product release
timelines and budget.
• Responsible for the execution of the technical plans and life
cycle management of the products.
• Continuously innovate, identify and develop PoVs based on
industry landscape to drive improvements in product features
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Hands on implementation experience with enterprise data migration
on cloud platforms including AWS/Azure and products and services
such as Redshift, EMR, DynamoDB.
• Development experience with big data ecosystems such as Apache
Hadoop, Cloudera, MongoDB etc is a must
• 10-15 years of experience with data engineering background
including ETL tools and experience with handling large variety of
data sets in healthcare or financial domains.
• Understanding and familiarity with a variety of of ML algorithms,
statistical analysis & data mining including experience with
scripting languages such as R, Python
• Must have experience providing quantitative analysis and
effectively presenting business findings and propose next steps to
clients and leadership.
• Demonstrated capability defining technical roadmaps for product
design and evolving product features.
• Prior experience with data migration and implementation on big
• Implementation experience with self-service analytic tools such
as Tableau and Power BI.
• Excellent data management skills and analytical thinking
• Hands on experience leading and managing large enterprise wide
initiatives for reporting, advanced analytics and information
• Ability to recommend and implement industry best practices for
advanced and real time data analytics.
• Comfortable in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, and agile
• AWS Certification preferred.
• Excellent skills in written and verbal communication
• Ability to convey and understand organizational goals.
• Excellent presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to
leadership and program stakeholders is a must.
• Ability to lead and guide technical and business teams
• Well versed in documenting use cases, solutions, and
• Ability to work under pressure and prioritize multiple
• Collaborative conflict resolution experience.
Min 8 years (Expert Level)
• Leading analytic product development teams
• Development with Big data platforms such as Hadoop
• Strong knowledge of data structures and quantitative data
Min 5 years - Very good level
• Data Management on Cloud Platforms (Azure, AWS)
• Understanding of ML algorithms, statistical analysis & data
• Self service analytics (Tableau, Power BI)
• Experience with scripting languages preferred (R, Python)
Min Education Required: Bachelors
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital
transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of
this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering
our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our
professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards
that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of
ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and
business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex,
religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status,
disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran
status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression,
familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any
other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals
with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job
in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance
mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to
reference the requisition number of the position in which you are
interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate
recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email
address is only to be used for those individuals who need an
accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or
those that do not include a requisition number will not be
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click
here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and
transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the
ability to successfully complete a background investigation.
Background investigation components can vary dependent upon
specific assignment and/or level of US government security
clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with
all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against
employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with
CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: CGI Group, Inc., Washington DC , Director,Azure Data Architecture & Analytics, Other , Fairfax, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!