Fire Suppression Technician - Qatar - Immediate Interviews!
Company: PAE Incorporated
Posted on: October 13, 2021
Supporting the Most Exciting
and Meaningful Missions in the World
Fire Suppression Technician - Qatar
PAE is seeking a Fire Suppression Technician for an
upcoming contract at the Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar.
This contract is pending award.
The Fire Suppression Technician will:
- Install, repair and maintain fire suppression systems.
- Create a 30-day schedule for an initial site inspection of all
- Create and maintain an annual inspection work order database
built for detection, alarm and protection systems to establish an
- Create and maintain a list of impaired systems, corrective
actions needed, outstanding discrepancies and recommendations for
- Perform all quarterly, semi-annual and annual inspections and
testing to include exhaust suppression system inspections, tests
and semi-annual maintenance on all kitchen ventilation hoods and
fire suppression systems in accordance with the PWS, manufacturer's
instructions, applicable NFPA Standards, and UFC
- Check all fire extinguishers assigned to that location to
include swap out of extinguishers greater than six years old, those
that have been used, blown off, or are leaky.
- Update the database and attach new service tags as
- Attach monthly and annual maintenance tags to each system
indicating last inspection date and time and next inspection date
- Maintain a signed and dated log of maintenance/certifications
indicating the inspection/cleaning within two days of
- Handle all data collection of maintenance and inspection
activities: date of competion, name of technician performing the
work, and the results of the inspection/test performed.
- ?Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires at least three (3) years’ experience in a similar role
preferably at a US military installation.
- Must have direct experience relating to the installation,
maintenance, and testing of fire suppression systems.
- Requires excellent organizational and time management
- Requires a valid driver's license and current passport.
- Must have an Active U.S. Government issued Secret Security
Clearance and maintain it for the duration of the
- Must have the ability to successfully pass CENTCOM medical
requirements and maintain requirements for duration of
- Must be able to obtain a Country visa (as required in line with
the U.S. Department of State Foreign Clearance Guide).
- HS diploma or GED required
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience providing excellent customer service in supporting
contract responsibilities in an OCONUS environment
- Relevant overseas experience, preferably in the Middle
East with knowledge of local culture and customs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple
tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities
and schedules and under pressure of deadlines while maintaining
WORKING AND LIVING CONDITIONS
This position may be located in an environment with harsh and
dangerous working and living conditions. While performing the
duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to
extreme and austere desert-like environment. Temperatures can reach
120-130 degrees Fahrenheit / 50-55 degrees Celsius during the
summer months. Employees must be willing and able to perform
regular job requirements in this austere, extreme environment.
Employees must be willing and able to perform physical activities
including, but not limited to, heavy lifting and moving of items,
parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the safety regulation
maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working
outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of
personal protective equipment for extended periods of time.
PAE will never charge a recruiting fee.
*This position is contingent upon contract award.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender,
national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status,
ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure,
medical condition including genetic characteristics or information,
veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the
essential functions of the job can be performed with or without
reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under
federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: PAE Incorporated, Washington DC , Fire Suppression Technician - Qatar - Immediate Interviews!, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!