Lead Heavy Equipment Operator – Airfield and Street Sweeper - Qatar - Immediate Interviews!
Company: PAE Incorporated
Posted on: October 13, 2021
Supporting the Most Exciting
and Meaningful Missions in the World
Lead Heavy Equipment Operator – Airfield and Street Sweeper - Qatar
PAE is seeking a Lead Heavy Equipment Operator - Airfield and
Street Sweeper for an upcoming contract at the Al Udeid Air
Base in Qatar.
This position is pending contract award.
The Lead Heavy Equipment Operator – Airfield and Street
- Work with and supervise a team of airfield sweepers, ensuring
that they operate all equipment in accordance with all safety
- Rapidly respond and direct your team to resolve emergency
issues as they arise.
- Develop the schedule and ensure all shifts have appropriate
- Work with the management team on all personnel issues.
- Collaborate with their team on development goals and personnel
- Ensure all airfields and any other paved surfaces (parking
lots, roads, etc.) not including speed bumps, pop-up barriers,
cable trays, cables or any other designated surfaces are
- Sweep with hand tools when necessary.
- Perform vehicle inspection prior to each shift IAW AF form
1800, perform other preemptive maintenance, repair and
troubleshooting of equipment and notify management of any issues
and/or breaks that may hamper operations.
- Provide the highest quality service to the Customer in
accordance with program requirements, while maintaining safety as
the highest priority to support mission activities in the SOW and
be available within 4 hours to meet on the installation with
Government personnel as required.
- Requires at least three (3) years of supervisory experience,
preferably in an overseas DoD environment.
- Must have at least five (5) years of airfield driving and
operator experience or similar equivalent construction operator
- Must successfully obtain and maintain Flight Line Driving
- Requires excellent organizational and time management
- Requires excellent people management skills.
- Must have a valid driver's license and current passport.
- Must have an Active U.S. Government issued Secret Security
Clearance and maintain it for the duration of the
- Must have the ability to successfully pass CENTCOM medical
requirements and maintain requirements for duration of
- Must be able to obtain a Country visa (as required in line with
the U.S. Department of State Foreign Clearance Guide).
- HS diploma or GED required.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience providing excellent customer service in supporting
contract responsibilities in an OCONUS environment.
- Relevant overseas experience, preferably in the Middle East
with knowledge of local culture and customs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple
tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities
and schedules and under pressure of deadlines while maintaining
WORKING AND LIVING CONDITIONS
This position may be located in an environment with harsh and
dangerous working and living conditions. While performing the
duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to
extreme and austere desert-like environment. Temperatures can reach
120-130 degrees Fahrenheit / 50-55 degrees Celsius during the
summer months. Employees must be willing and able to perform
regular job requirements in this austere, extreme environment.
Employees must be willing and able to perform physical activities
including, but not limited to, heavy lifting and moving of items,
parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the safety regulation
maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working
outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of
personal protective equipment for extended periods of time.
PAE will never charge a recruiting fee.
*This position is contingent upon contract award.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender,
national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status,
ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure,
medical condition including genetic characteristics or information,
veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the
essential functions of the job can be performed with or without
reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under
federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Keywords: PAE Incorporated, Washington DC , Lead Heavy Equipment Operator – Airfield and Street Sweeper - Qatar - Immediate Interviews!, Other , Washington, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!