SimVentions, consistently voted one of Virginia's Best Places to
Work, is looking for an experienced and versatile
Engineer to join our team!
Ideal candidate will be self-driven to find answers to
solve sometimes complex questions (with guidance from the RF
Sensors group). They will have the vision and skill to implement
the solution to remedy the issue or take them to the next step in
the troubleshooting chain. This person will also
posses confidence with Linux OS and Python Coding/Scripting,
competency with MS Office for reports, an all-around
technical ability and comfort level with with learning about
Wireless (and Mesh) Networking while building some RF Skills
and a general understanding of wireless and satellite data
Additionally, this position requires an individual
interested in working on unique projects that diverge from a
typical Network Management/Cybersecurity career path, to focus a
portion of skills to advance the deployment of C4ISR systems on
military platforms. Focus on the military mission should be a key
motivating factor for a candidate to succeed in this
Responsibilities: Provide support to
government program through direct engagement on site in the
administration of computer programs and systems.
Required Skills & Experience:
- five (5) years of experience in the design, development
and integration of computer hardware
- Demonstrated understanding of network architecture,
design, integrated testing and documentation
- Self-driven to help make the mission succeed
- Experience with Linux OS, MS Office, and preferably
Nessus & Python skills
- Capable in methodically thinking through and
documenting a problem.
Preferred Skills &
Experience: Strong background and
interest in mechanical work and hands on hardware
Education: BS - technical or
mathematics is desired, but not required if four+ years of
demonstrated experience in the key areas.
Minimum Clearance: Interim Top
Travel: 25% - Travel is dependent on interest
and project progression.
Location: Dahlgren- On base
Why Work for SimVentions?
SimVentions is about more than just being a place to work with
other growth-orientated technically exceptional experts. It’s also
a fun place to work. Our family-friendly atmosphere encourages our
employee-owners to imagine, create, explore, discover, and do great
Support Our Warfighters
SimVentions is a proud supporter of the U.S. military, and we
take pride in our ability to provide relevant, game-changing
solutions to our armed men and women around the world.
Drive Customer Success
We deliver innovative products and solutions that go beyond the
expected. This means you can expect to work with a team that will
allow you to grow, have a voice, and make an impact.
Get Involved in Giving Back
We believe that one of the best ways to be a well-rounded
company is to have well-rounded employees, and one of the ways we
encourage that is by providing a wide range of service
opportunities for our team members to engage in throughout the
Build Innovative Technology
SimVentions takes pride in its innovative and cutting-edge
technology, so you can be sure that whatever project you work on,
you will be having a direct impact on our customer’s success.
Work with Brilliant People
At SimVentions, we don’t just hire the smartest people. We hire
experienced, creative individuals who are passionate about what
they do, and who benefit from the culture that we have created
Create Meaningful Solutions
We are trusted partners with our customers and are provided
challenging and meaningful requirements to help them solve.
Employees who join SimVentions will enjoy benefits
- Impact: work on projects that directly support the defense of
- Serve: work for a company that supports its surrounding
- Employee Owned: work with the best and help build YOUR
- Dress code: business casual. We like to be comfortable while we
- Healthcare: one of the best packages in the industry.
- Culture: add to our culture of technical excellence and
- Food: we have a lot of food around here.
- Family focus: work for a team that recognizes the importance of
- Employee appreciation: lots of events throughout the
- Resources: excellent facilities, tools, and training
opportunities to grow in your field.
- Open communication: work in an environment where your voice
- Fitness/Well-being: opportunities to participate in
company sports teams and workout groups.
- Professional development: employee-led interest groups for
personal and professional development plus great training
- What you bring to the table: contribute, grow, and thrive.
- Lots of employee appreciation events throughout the year
- Excellent working facilities and tools to get your job
- Regular communication (“All-Hands”, “SimV Share”, “Imagineering
Day”) to stay connected to SimV culture, stay abreast of what is
happening in the company, and meet new faces while eating good
- SimVentions sports teams and workout groups
- Employee led interest groups for personal and professional
- What you bring to the table…
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR