- SimVentions, consistently voted one of Virginia's Best Places
to Work, is looking for a Combat Systems Modeler to join our
team to become a part of an Agile software development team that is
tasked with transitioning the monolithic AEGIS Weapon System
code-base to a loosely-coupled, modular, low-propagation-cost, and
scalable set of software components.
- All work will be done at the Navy's Surface Combatant Software
Factory, called the FORGE, in College Park, MD.
- Leverage commercial approaches and techniques for software
architecture and software development, modernization, and
refactoring to enable significant acceleration in delivering new
warfighting capability to the Navy's AEGIS Fleet.
- Leverage industry best practices in transitioning brownfield
applications into low-propagation-cost software components.
- Support the transition from large, pre-defined sets of
capabilities to the rapid development and delivery of individual
capabilities as minimum viable products
Required Skills & Experience:
- 1 year of system modeling experience with System Modeling
- 2 years of analyst experience in one or more of the following
domains: Weapon System Operation, Command and Control Systems,
Integrated Air and Missile Defense Sensors, Integrated Air and
Missile Defense Weapons
Education: HS diploma or
Minimum Clearance: Ability to obtain
Location: College Park, MD
Why Work for SimVentions?
SimVentions is about more than just being a place to work with
other growth-orientated technically exceptional experts. It’s also
a fun place to work. Our family-friendly atmosphere encourages our
employee-owners to imagine, create, explore, discover, and do great
Support Our Warfighters
SimVentions is a proud supporter of the U.S. military, and we
take pride in our ability to provide relevant, game-changing
solutions to our armed men and women around the world.
Drive Customer Success
We deliver innovative products and solutions that go beyond the
expected. This means you can expect to work with a team that will
allow you to grow, have a voice, and make an impact.
Get Involved in Giving Back
We believe that one of the best ways to be a well-rounded
company is to have well-rounded employees, and one of the ways we
encourage that is by providing a wide range of service
opportunities for our team members to engage in throughout the
Build Innovative Technology
SimVentions takes pride in its innovative and cutting-edge
technology, so you can be sure that whatever project you work on,
you will be having a direct impact on our customer’s success.
Work with Brilliant People
At SimVentions, we don’t just hire the smartest people. We hire
experienced, creative individuals who are passionate about what
they do, and who benefit from the culture that we have created
Create Meaningful Solutions
We are trusted partners with our customers and are provided
challenging and meaningful requirements to help them solve.
Employees who join SimVentions will enjoy benefits
- Impact: work on projects that directly support the defense of
- Serve: work for a company that supports its surrounding
- Employee Owned: work with the best and help build YOUR
- Dress code: business casual. We like to be comfortable while we
- Healthcare: one of the best packages in the industry.
- Culture: add to our culture of technical excellence and
- Food: we have a lot of food around here.
- Family focus: work for a team that recognizes the importance of
- Employee appreciation: lots of events throughout the
- Resources: excellent facilities, tools, and training
opportunities to grow in your field.
- Open communication: work in an environment where your voice
- Fitness/Well-being: opportunities to participate in
company sports teams and workout groups.
- Professional development: employee-led interest groups for
personal and professional development plus great training
- What you bring to the table: contribute, grow, and thrive.
- Lots of employee appreciation events throughout the year
- Excellent working facilities and tools to get your job
- Regular communication (“All-Hands”, “SimV Share”, “Imagineering
Day”) to stay connected to SimV culture, stay abreast of what is
happening in the company, and meet new faces while eating good
- SimVentions sports teams and workout groups
- Employee led interest groups for personal and professional
- What you bring to the table…
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR