Respiratory Therapist - Registered - Respiratory Care - PRN/7pm-7:30am
Company: Anne Arundel Medical Center
Posted on: October 13, 2021
The Respiratory Therapist provides respiratory care therapeutic
modality in the Med/Surg areas and in the C ritical C are areas of
the hospital. Administers all procedures in compliance with the
Physician's orders and the departmental policy and procedures. In
addition, they act as the Resource Therapist for the
Respiratory Tech assigned to a particular floor.
Role Specific Competencies
1. Adheres to hospital policies.
- Follow the hospital policies, i.e., behavior; dress code.
- Attends 80% of departmental and hospital staff meetings.
- Attends fire, safety and infection control lectures as required
by JC AHO and the hospital.
- Follows hospital and department policies pertaining to
absenteeism & tardiness.
2. Initiates, administers, documents respiratory care procedures
in compliance with departmental procedures.
- Verifies all requests and administers all procedures in
compliance with the physician's order and the departmental policies
- Contacts the ordering physician to clarify orders not complete
or not compatible with departmental procedures or in regards to any
questions concerning R.T. service.
- Notifies Charge Therapist or department manager of physician's
orders not compatible with department policies, and after physician
has been contacted within 1/2 hour.
- Performs the following procedures in compliance with
Departmental policies and procedures: Oxygen delivery, Aerosol and
Humidity delivery, Incentive Spirometry, Chest Percussion, Postural
Drainage, Arterial puncture for analysis, Mechanical Ventilator
- Management of Artificial Airways, Analysis of Arterial samples
and interpretation of results. Transportation of all patients
requiring Respiratory assistance.
3. Maintains clinical skills and theoretical knowledge with the
state of the art.
- Demonstrates knowledge with passing the C RTT exam within one
year of employment.
- Participates in continuing education program by giving a least
two classes per year.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current theoretical basis of all
procedures as required.
- Masters all new departmental procedures not previously listed
within the instruction period.
4. Maintains work area in a clean, prepared fashion.
- Maintains equipment in a ready state.
- Labels all non-functioning equipment after thoroughly trouble
- Maintains stock of disposable equipment in work area and
- Assures cleanliness and neatness of work area and
5. Works in a safe manner so as not to jeopardize self, other
employees, visitors or patients.
- Follows hospital and departmental safety policies and
- Reports all accidents and incidents to the department
management within 30 minutes.
- Utilizes good technique when performing all hazardous
procedures such as lifting patients and obtaining blood
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate from an approved C.R.T.T. program
- Current professional Respiratory Thearpy license in the
State of Maryland.
- Knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to
the age of the population served.
- CPR/BLS, PALS and ACLS required
- Must be able to hear normal sounds with some background
- Remembers schedules, tasks to be completed, where activities
left off, etc.
- Routinely lifts objects under 20 pounds.
Keywords: Anne Arundel Medical Center, Washington DC , Respiratory Therapist - Registered - Respiratory Care - PRN/7pm-7:30am, Other , Lanham, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!