Medical Technologist - Core Lab - PRN/11pm-7:30am
Company: Anne Arundel Medical Center
Posted on: October 13, 2021
Performs routine and special clinical laboratory tests in one or
more disciplines, including quality control and equipment
maintenance to ensure accurate results. Assists with R & D
activities and maintains quality control records. Assists in
researching and resolving technical and operational
Role Specific Competencies
- Assess the clinical significance of test results and takes
appropriate action to ensure proper patient care and treatment
based on accuracy of results.
- Consistently performs proficiency testing at an acceptable
- Documents critical results appropriately and in a timely
manner. Prints and checks exception report at end of the shift for
- Ensures smooth transition from shift-to-shift. Completes
communication logs at the end of each shift. Assures pending list
is current. Checks email and shift logs each workday. Maintains a
clean, well stocked work area. Participates in continuing education
and staff meetings.
- Maintains compliance with hospital and departmental policies
- Meets turn around time requirements, checks pending list
frequently throughout the shift and monitors changes in hospital
bedding needs. Notifies nursing units when turn around time will
not be met in a timely manner and documents as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Performs and documents preventive maintenance on equipment.
Troubleshoots and repairs equipment utilizing hotline service as
needed. Repair calls are requested and documented as appropriate.
Broken equipment to be repaired by BioMed or Plant Operations is
correctly tagged and removed/called for removal to that department
- Performs and documents quality control (QC ). Maintains QC
records and prepares reports and recommendations for supervisor.
Assess statistical trends and takes appropriate action according to
Westguard rules. Documents actions taken.
- Performs laboratory tests according to procedure and in an
accurate and timely manner.
- Properly documents specimen problems. Edits requisitions and
results completely and accurately when needed.
- Receives and examines specimens, checking for specimen
integrity, correctness and completeness of specimen requirements.
Resolves discrepancies and prepares specimens for testing.
- Research and resolve technical and operational problems with
minimal supervision. Assists with research and development of new
test methods and equipment. Assist with procedure writing as
directed in C LSI format.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or a related
field from an accredited institution.
- MT (ASC P) or equivalent.
- Concentrate on moderate to fine detail for extended periods of
- Must be able to hear normal sounds and with some background
- Remembers schedules, tasks to be completed and where activities
left off, etc.
- Routinely lifts objects less than 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Understands and can operate from the conceptual basis of tasks
Keywords: Anne Arundel Medical Center, Washington DC , Medical Technologist - Core Lab - PRN/11pm-7:30am, Other , Lanham, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!