Lead DevOps Engineer
Company: Fannie Mae
Posted on: September 16, 2021
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an
affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of
Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to modernize
the nation's housing finance system while being part of an
inclusive team using new, emerging technologies. Here, you will
help lead our industry forward, enhance your technical expertise,
and make your career.
As a DevOps Engineering Lead on the Lender
Technology Team you will be a driving force in setting the agenda
for our DevOps transformation. You will be a visionary for
automation, process improvements and engineering innovation and
want to help create and promote a culture of learning and
experimentation. You will apply your deep technical expertise and
thought leadership to accelerate Fannie Mae’s Single Family
transformation to DevOps and Cloud-Native practices. As part of
this engineering practice, you will be specialized in helping our
application team to drive efficiency and reliability into their
entire development to operations lifecycle. You will strategize and
implement best practices and solutions to build, deploy and operate
our applications as they evolve into microservice based distributed
systems. You will assess associated risks and vulnerability on
software and tools, monitoring, infrastructure and release
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The DevOps Engineering Lead role will
offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working
alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following
- Lead cross-departmental process improvements and automation
- Plan and execute DevOps project tasks and lead technical
- Lead technical and design discussions to define and develop
Fannie Mae’s NextGen DevOps platform and practices.
- Apply extensive knowledge of DevOps engineering principles and
advanced techniques to manage the timely resolution of
- Coordinate with subject matter experts across the release
lifecycle to obtain input and support for planned DevOps
- Serve as a thought leader for emerging DevOps industry
trends and concepts
- Ensure the near-term alignment between IT operations and the
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience in software development and DevOps
- 1+ year as a DevOps Lead
- Expertise in architecting modern web, microservices and
cloud-native distributed systems based on containers, Kubernetes
and AWS cloud.
- Experience with architecting and automating cloud-native
technologies, deploying applications and provisioning
- Experience with leading and mentoring technical teams
implementing DevOps platform to accelerate software delivery
supporting techniques such as Trunk Based Development, Feature
Toggles, Blue-Green Deployment, 12 Factors and others.
- Experience with architecting, designing and automating
cloud-native CI/CD workflows and tools, using Jenkins, GitLab, or
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code, using CloudFormation,
Terraform or similar tools.
- Experience with end-to-end software development lifecycle and
delivery using Agile practices.
- Programming skills in multiple languages such as Python, Ruby,
Go, Java or similar.
- Advanced understanding of Linux, networking and internet
- Computer Science or engineering background.
- 6+ years of experience in software development and DevOps
- Industry certification preferred in Cloud and Containers - AWS,
Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform.
- Demonstrated success as a software developer, DevOps engineer
or SRE engineer or application architect working on various
- Demonstrated success improving agility through various delivery
and implementation methodologies.
- Experience designing, building, deploying and operating large
scale enterprise applications using container and cloud
- Experience in application and infrastructure monitoring and
distributed systems operations using New Relic, Grafana,
Prometheus, InfluxDB and others.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet,
Chef, Ansible and similar.
- Experience helping an organization to plan and manage change in
effort to meet strategic objectives.
- Working with people with different functional expertise
respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common goal.
- Skilled in presenting information and/or ideas to an audience
in a way that is engaging and easy to understand.
- Industry certification is preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Environment and Tools Experience:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Apache Maven
- Flyway database-migration tool
- Apache Groovy
- Puppet or Chef or Ansible
- RDBMS and NoSQL
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling
opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are
committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected
veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an
accommodation in the application process, email us at
Keywords: Fannie Mae, Washington DC , Lead DevOps Engineer, Other , Vienna, DC
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!